[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Thanks for the explanation :grinning:

I’ve tried this in old and new pistons, but I can’t get it to work. Even if I set the value of “Only if switch is
 (optional)” to “On”, the (Hue) lights which are already off, still get turned on when the fade command gets executed.
Example :

It would be awesome if someone could help me figure this one out.

I’m far from an expert, but I think maybe a loop would help in your case - especially with how many lights you’re working with.

So what would the solution be? Create 2 actions doing the same, and split the lights between them?

Hello,

I have been using webCoRE for a month or so and I am really enjoying it.

I am testing a few new things and setup a new piston using a timer like I have many times before. Now I seem to be receiving a new warning (see image below). I have not received this warning before when using a timer in the same circumstances. Would someone explain this warning to me? It am using the timer as a top-level item, so I am slightly confused.

Thanks!

Dan W.

Nothing to worry about. The threads were getting a lot of hits about timers not working correctly. The reason was because they weren’t top level. This is just a visual reminder that is showing when it shouldn’t.

Is there a way to report if a device goes offline? For example if someone unplugs a cree connected bulb, could I get alerted via SMS with webcore?

2 Likes

Could this have something to do with why my highlighted rule is not working? It triggers a true state at the desired time, but fails to turn on my LIFX lights.

No that is something different. Your issue seems to be you have no subscriptions to those events. See the lightning bolts in the gutter next to your “routine executes
” triggers? That is an easy visual to see what is subscribed.

Subscriptions are basically telling the piston what you want it to listen for. Since you haven’t instructed it to listen that is why it is not executing. If you are familiar with old CoRE at all, essentially your highlighted section is a follow up piston.

So you have to ask yourself how you want this to fire. If your answer is whenever it is dark in the room and between those times. Then simply change
the lux is less than or equal to 15
To
the lux changes to less than or equal to 15
I believe that trigger is available. If not find something in the trigger section for the comparison.

1 Like

So simple, thank you so much @c1arkbar, that worked perfectly. I only upgraded from old CoRE over the weekend so still getting up to speed. Was wondering why there wasn’t a lightning bolt!

1 Like

You can also force a condition to subscribe by changing its Subscription method in its options (the cog button)

1 Like

did you ever get this to work, importing IFTTT variables? I have one piston remaining in the old CoRE because I can’t see how to import the variable into webcore. It’s just to take the forecast high temperature from the weather service, and make sure my thermostat is set low on a warm day to avoid the heating coming on in the morning :slight_smile:

Getting an error
 thinking it has to do with the parent app version being (null)

+9ms	╔Starting piston... (v0.1.0b4.20170531)
+861ms	║Error while getting runtime data: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.Character] [class java.lang.Number]
+870ms	║WARNING: Results may be unreliable because the child app's version (v0.1.0b4.20170531) is newer than the parent app's version (null). Please consider updating both apps to the same version.
+884ms	║╔Subscribing to devices...
+950ms	║║An error has occurred while subscribing: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'r' on null object
+956ms	║╚Piston successfully started (951ms)

Update again, he pushed an update that fixes that problem.

@ady624,Are you posting what the updates are somewhere? Can’t seem to find them.

1 Like

In IDE, click on the main WebCoRE smartapp name, the code has revision history at the top.

1 Like

Ty @destructure00. Forgot about that.Duh!

1 Like

I see some of my off commands are running twice when triggered from webcore. Is there a way to fix this? I only have 1 off command in the piston. This is making the device to turn on as the on off is just a toggle for this device.

+323ms ║║Executed physical command [Kitsound].off() (98ms)
+324ms ║║Executed [Kitsound].off (100ms)

It’s not executing it twice - the second line is a higher-level command to turn off - it will either run a “physical” command or a virtual one. Also, the 100ms includes the 98ms

Thanks @ady624, strange but the device turns off and on again when turned off via WebCore. When manually turned on it works fine.