[DEPRECATED] webCoRE Beta Milestone 2

I’m not home to check my PC settings, but I have this same issue and am also ET. I have a piston that is supposed to only turn on lights from sunset through 11PM Fri, Sat, and Sun but I found that they turned on Thursday. I have adjusted the days to be Sat, Sun, and Mon and it works correctly and turns on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Thanks for posting this.

If you would, could you post your piston and logs with a description of the issue (like above) so that @ady624 can have as much info as possible to see if the culprit can be found?

1 Like

I’ll try and remember to capture it this Friday. The piston generates enough logging that I can’t see back to Friday at this point.

@ady624 has pushed an update today that should fix this.

1 Like

Great! I’ll go ahead and update and see how it goes.

@ady624 may I kindly remind you that WebCoRE is :

Nonpareil
Fantastic
Legendary

… Just sayin’ :sunglasses::football:

1 Like

I have no clue what you’re talking about (wink wink)

1 Like

What is the best way to cancel a piston with a fade level command? I use the fade command in the evenings but there are times I want to stop the fading of the lights. I see how to pause the piston but don’t see a way to cancel a piston.

Any ideas on what to troubleshoot for these IDE errors?

piston error
error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 't' on null object

Webcore error
error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 1222

Happening when I try to test the piston. which is what line 1222 is
There is no logging for this error in webcore itself even with full logging on.

Which version are you on please?

You can rely on the condition changing (TCP) or use the Cancel all pending tasks task. Be aware that very short fades may not cancel properly because the very short fades are done with delayed commands. Very short means 1-2 seconds

0.2.0e2

It isn’t happening for all pistons. just this one. I’m sure I did something but I’m just not sure where to look since there is no logging.

@ady624

Quick question (I don’t want to be more annoying than I already am :roll_eyes: ).

Do you consider adding to your roadmap a feature to manually and quickly set variables value in the “view piston” page?

There’s an inventory piston I’m on edge of coding but it’s usage would involve tweaking variables often and it’s kinda time consuming to do it by running a piston so I’m on hold. Would like to make my mind whether there’s a chance or not you might add this feature at some point.

Thanks again!

It would help considerably if you posted the green share button image and turn on logging to full and paste those logs up here. Otherwise we are shooting arrows in the dark trying to hit the apple on your head.

We have been bugging him about this quite consistently. But it is now on the coveted TODO list

Oh, I didn’t catch that. Thanks! I naively thought there wasn’t so much demand for this feature.

1 Like

Would someone with access add to the Todo list “Add Color Temperature within the Lifx Set State command” for me? Many thanks.

Not sure that will ever happen ;( removed it from the todo, sorry…

1 Like

Your a god!! Thank you so much!!

It will greatly help my inventory pistons and I can envision its usefulness for my future NFL pistons too :slight_smile:

Fixed in v0.2.0e2 (aug 08)

Not implemented yet, I’ll see if I revamp the whole UI section

This is something that relies on events sent by the hub - I need to see with ST why those events are not reliable - another way to do it is to use the parent app to check the hub power on every chance it has and issue an event of its own - will investigate options.

This might have been fixed - a test is required to confirm please.

Fixed in v0.2.0e2 (aug 08)

[quote=“bfara83, post:616, topic:89612”]
Using a device as a Global Variable or Local Variable doesn’t list all the available DTH commands for those device(s) [/quote]

Not something easy - but I guess possible, the UI needs to dig into the variable values, can do.

Yeah, not implemented yet - Fuel Streams will get a complete UI revamp.

Would you need to access more than one weather location per installation of webCoRE? Would this have to be a parameter?

Not sure I understand this one.

Oh boy, I need to dig out my hue hub - I have no bulbs connected to it anymore, moved them all to ST, but will take some time to do it. Soon.

You can rename pistons by accessing the piston smart app from a device’s SmartApps tab - you can rename it from there, without editing. Do you mean to have an edit button for the name only without having to edit the whole piston?

Will look into a way to copy/paste/insert/move without dragging - the current dragging mechanism is a PITA

Added in v0.2.0e4

Not sure I understand - list variables?

I can have an option under Settings - need to figure out how to request a different language when making requests - I am using the ST provided methods to access WU - not sure there is a “language” parameter anywhere there…

2 Likes