[DEPRECATED] webCoRE Beta Milestone 2

@ady264. I’m not able to scroll the menu on my iPhone 7+
It’s been like this the last few updates.

I don’t think deleting categories has been implemented yet, I remember it wasn’t implemented when categories was first added.

@ady264 I’m having issues with the dashoard

I’ve added another location and I’m getting an error trying to create an new piston or restore a backup in that new location. There’s no issue with my original location

Here’s the error from the console screen

In my primary location, 1/5 dashboards is failing to load. and is giving me this error

When I attempt to use a variable for ‘on event from’, only global variables are accessible to be selected. Is this by design?

EDIT
Normally, I’d delete this since I found it, but it’s a bit obscure so I thought I’d answer it instead.
Local Device type variables are accessible under the Physical Device option.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this type of question or not so apologies if there is the wrong place.

I’ve been using actively webCoRE now for about two weeks and for the first week (last) everything was working as expected and fast. Starting earlier this week though some pistons are experiencing long delays and others are just not firing at all. For example I have the following piston which turns on the backyard flood lights when the dogs go out and back off when they come in. Normally when I open the door there is a half second pause before the light kicks on but this morning after 5 or 6 seconds I flipped the switch the old fashion way. When I looked at the log this morning it didn’t seem to indicate anything out of the ordinary.

Another one which could be related is one that opens my garage door when I come home. Last week it was working fine and starting this Monday it just wasn’t working anymore even though the log shows it should be.

Is there something I can do in order to see more granularity into why these are executing or where to more clearly see the breakdown in the chain?

Thanks for the help, I’m looking forward to working more with webCoRE as it seems to provide an easier interface to work with.

Steve

Do you have full logs selected? That should give you more details on what is happening.
Then you can post to hear https://community.smartthings.com/t/webcore-piston-design-help-ask-your-fellow-members-for-assistance/86345/4213
@bangali is very good at figuring these out.

1 Like

@ady624, can we get an option for medium and large tiles with details?

Could someone please try and make a list of known bugs/issues with webCoRE right now so that I can take care of them? Either post them here, the wiki, or github issues? Thank you

One thing I know is Day restrictions.

2 Likes

Here’s a few more issues/Possible Enhancements

This is what I gathered in the past 2 weeks, not sure if I’m missing something and I added a few of my own suggestions.

4 Likes

Thanks @bfara83 , you’re spot on (at least from what I remember).

Here is four more coming from my experience:

• Dragging and dropping statements is a pain on capacitive devices. Or at least on iPad. (Minor issue)

• Ability to edit the values of local variables in the piston detail page. Editing and running the piston just to set the value a variable is sometime tedious. Use case : setting initial value for an item shown in a tile in an inventory manager - see : [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons. (Enhancement request)

• Ability to batch import variable values. Nothing too fancy, just a copy-paste in a given format. Same use case as above (Enhancement request)

• (Don’t think it will be possible because that would require you to call the API as much time as there’s available languages, but…) ability to set a different language than English when using weather underground API. (Enhancement request)

1 Like

Thanks Dustin for remembering…

Here’s some details

Thanks @ady624 for looking for the fix.

1 Like

Color temperature (Kelvin) option added too the Lifx - Set State Command. (Enhancement request)

What timezone are you in? Is your computer’s calendar starting the week with Monday by any chance?

The reason I am asking is because this could be a translation issue. In the US, Sunday is day 0, Monday is 1, Saturday is 6. In some countries in Europe, Monday is 0 and Sunday is 6. So pretty much the computer generating the UI needs to match the server running the smart app - now, the UI I am pretty sure always uses Sundays as 0 - but there may be shards in the ST ecosystem that are set with Monday as first day? Is that problem consistent? Or does it happen sometimes?

I can’t replicate that problem :frowning: It works for me in all combinations, including on your imported piston… Can you edit that condition just to make sure all is ok, make sure you run the latest version (also published?) and try again - I am not able to do it… if it still happens, maybe a team viewer session so that I can debug on yours please?

• I’m the Eastern US timezone (UTC -5).
  • MY PC is on Windows 10 and set for the first day of the week as Sunday.
  • My iPad - which I also sometimes use for setting up Pistons, is also set to use Sunday as the first day of the week
  • The problem is consistent on Sundays as per the example I gave previously - i.e., the lights turn off at the earlier time
  • The problem is also consistent on Wednesdays - i.e., the lights turn off at the later time.
  • I should also note at this point that I recently restructured and rewrote all (6) pistons from scratch to ensure there wasn’t an issue with my logic All six were failing on Sundays and Wednesdays exactly as described above - both in version 1 and now with the rewritten pistons.
  • Another point is that another user @iridris has a somewhat similar day restriction issue. He’s set a piston to fire on Sun-Thu nights but it also fires on Saturday night too. It’s part of the earlier referenced discussion.

Thank you for looking into this.

Lee

:frowning:

• As mentioned in my reply just prior to this one, within the last week or so, all (6) ‘offending’ pistons have been restructured/rewritten from scratch without effect regarding the Sunday and Wednesday issues. The new versions with different flow (I can provide a copy of one of the old ones too if you’d like) had identical Sunday/Wednesday issues as the first versions.
  • I just double-checked and I am on all of the latest versions (as of right now) of webCoRE and they are published.
  • I’m more than happy to do a team viewer session with you.

Thanks for responding and thank you for your efforts to solve this.

Lee

Probably not WebCoRE specific, but it appears that something with Sonos has changed as well. The “Speak text and Resume” function no longer works as expected. I was using it a couple of weeks ago without issue, and have seen a couple of similar posts from people on the forums. Thanks!

1 Like

@blong I agree. I think the new ST firmware has caused the issue as into was working fine for me too before that. Now the last playing item doesn’t start up again after the speak part. I know it’s not Sonos firmware

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I’m having a problem updating pistons in webCoRE. I believe I am running the latest version (v0.2.0e1). Whenever I update a piston and click save, it just spins and never goes to the next page. If I reload the page and go back to edit, I get the message saying there is a “local, newer, version was found”. Everything was fine until approx Thursday of last week. Thanks.

Disregard, the parent and child apps were not the same version. All good now.