[DEPRECATED] webCoRE Beta Milestone 2

@ady264 - Not sure if this is a feature request or if I am just missing something, is it possible to set/query the location used by the $weather API? Mine is reporting several degrees higher than everywhere else in town and am hoping to change the location so it is more accurate to my home location. Would this be difficult?

Thanks!

$weather.geolookup.location 

Type that into the evaluation console as expression and it will output everything in JSON format. Currently no way to change the station ID though

The following Piston is one of six that are essentially identical other than the specific (different) lights that are driven and the times they are turned on and off. Due to work schedules, there are different turn-off schedules for different days. The pistons all run correctly - except on Sunday when they ALL turn off at the early time and on Wednesday when they turn off at the late time.

Here’s the example piston and the associated log - taken last night (Sunday). The light should have stayed on until 23:43 but turned off at 23:03: The log confirms this and says it turned off because both of the timeframes were considered false. The Sun, Thu, Fri, Sat 11:43 condition (line #10) should have evaluated to True.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

@lflorack Try using a restriction instead of the “and”. I have a similar piston built with restrictions on time and day and it works perfect.

Thank you for your response.

I’m willing to try anything, but it seems odd to me that the only issue with the (6) similar pistons - which I’m pretty sure used to work fine on all days until recently, is that they all consistently fail on Sunday (turn off at the earlier time when it should be the later time) and on Wednesday.(off at the later time when it should be the early time). All other days work perfectly. That type of problem doesn’t seem like the placement of the time restriction should matter to the proper evaluation of the IF because it seems that it should either fail all the time or not fail all the time.

@ady624

How do I create a global variable using an iPhone? I can’t find where to go.

In the piston edit mode scroll down past the script itself ( you may need to scroll all the way down - let the UI rest a bit, then scroll again down)

2 Likes

I seem to be getting a JS error after the last update. Only happens when removing a global variable which doesn’t actually get removed.

webCoRE.min.js:127 TypeError: Cannot read property 't' of null
at Object.G.setVariable (webCoRE.min.js:642)
at b.$scope.deleteGlobalVariable (webCoRE.min.js:642)
at fn (eval at compile (webCoRE.min.js:245), <anonymous>:4:180)
at e (webCoRE.min.js:289)
at b.$eval (webCoRE.min.js:153)
at b.$apply (webCoRE.min.js:153)
at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (webCoRE.min.js:289)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (webCoRE.min.js:3)
at HTMLButtonElement.q.handle (webCoRE.min.js:3)
1 Like

Will look that up soon

Looks like it’s fixed :+1:

1 Like

Folks who can’t get rid of dashboard UI update message requesting you to “hard reload”, please read the following.

Under Chrome, killing the app doesn’t seem to be enough to generate a hard reload. BUT, if you CTRL+SHIFT+R on the page you will trigger one, getting rid of the message.

And on a Mac CTRL-refresh works.

Oops :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll bite… How?

Haven’t made a tile yet, now you have gauges! lol

1 Like

:wink:

The Title is:

[chart-gauge redFrom=90 redTo=100 yellowFrom=75 yellowTo=90 minorTicks=5|Temp]

List of options, courtesy of @ahndee:
See https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/gauge#configuration-options

Some of the options not used in the example:

• min
  • max
  • greenColor
  • yellowColor
  • redColor
7 Likes

Awesome. I guess I have my after dinner activities planned.

Nice addition Ady, thanks.

1 Like

Oh GREAT!! Just when I thought I could go and relax and have a few barley pops!!:grin:

1 Like

if you import this piston, you need to place it into a Tile category - go to Settings while inside the dashboard :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks ady624, definitely going to use those for some of my tiles.