[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE Beta Milestone 1

The warning is there so you don’t embed a timer in the middle of other things :slight_smile:. Try refreshing the UI or a hard reload … the warning is not suppose to appear when you have your timer at the top level.

1 Like

I have 3 timers and it shows on the bottom two.

Edit: it didn’t show on my new one tho, the old one might need an edit…

1 Like

You don’t count :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, that’s what I’m seeing too. It doesn’t matter which timer I put second, that’s the one that has the warning. Like I said, no biggie as far as that, as long as I’m not gonna make my house explode or something. :smirk:

2 Likes

LOL, i added tasks and the warnings showed up. I think it prefers to be an only child.

3 Likes

Where’s my sunglasses? LOL

2 Likes

And then, there’s my vacation lighting piston… It doesn’t seem to like either timer…

This one I’m guessing probably has something to do with the subscription to the vacation virtual switch I have set up.

1 Like

Ok, I went ahead and changed the pistons to fix the warnings… For the refresh piston, I just set it up to run every 30 minutes. Would it be possible on an “Every xx minutes” timer to put an optional minute that you want it to start? So mine would be every 30 minutes, starting (or jobs scheduled around) the :43 minute mark. Not a huge deal, just a feature request, if it’s not too over complicated.

1 Like

Ugh, I use timers like that all the time. Not embedded but a couple timers per piston. I hope we can change it…

1 Like

It’s just a visual warning. Nothing is different from before. But a lot of people were having problems with embedding a timer under and if.

1 Like

Hard reload and edit the piston, the warnings should go away. They are meant for those timers inside other statements.

1 Like

Is there a way, in webCoRE, to specify duration when activating a LIFX scene? https://api.developer.lifx.com/docs/activate-scene

When I test from that page, it works great but webCoRE prepopulates the “value” field with the name of my scenes and doesn’t ask for the duration parameter.

1 Like

@ady624

Hey Adrian, most of my pistons show as true, this is one that seems odd to me, why is it true when the sensor is actually dry?

Rick

1 Like

@ady624, my theory appears to have been correct. I got an Android device and installed the SmartThings app. It showed my dashboard password as not having been set; after setting it, I’m able to successfully register a browser. So something about setting passwords is also broken when running in the Windows version of SmartThings.

1 Like

I do not have LIFX bulbs and hence no access to that API. I built it from what info users gave me. If the API call supports an optional duration parameter, I am happy to add it.

2 Likes

@ady624 - I don’t use LIFX scenes but to help you with this one…

Most of the LIFX calls take a “'duration” parameters…

https://api.lifx.com/v1/scenes/scene_id:<scene_id>/activate

{
    "duration": 5
} 

the set scene is the same.

1 Like

That’s something I can use, thank you. Those are seconds, right?

1 Like

Yes, seconds. It is float so you could say 5.5

2 Likes

Does this log message mean anything to anyone?

║Error calling comparison comp_stays_away_from: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1495049891357278168115.comp_stays_away_from() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, null, java.util.LinkedHashMap, null) values: [[enabled:true, attributes:[acceleration:[…], …], …], …]

This piston worked last week just fine, but hasn’t worked since the weekend.

Here’s the piston for reference. Thanks.

1 Like

Thats awesome that you were able to do that. I wasn’t criticizing, I’m just new to CoRE/webCoRE in general and wasn’t sure if I had to pass in a parameter somewhere. I tried searching and couldn’t find anything, so I just posted.

If you need more information or API return info, etc… let me know. Looks like @whoismoses is on the case.

1 Like