[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE Beta Milestone 1

This appears to be working to a certain extent: I created a global Variable for all the lights in a room called “Bedroom Lights” and a second global variable for all the lights in a room called “StudyLights”. Next I created a simple piston to turn on “BedroomLights” and “StudyLights”. That seems to be working fine.
Putting “StudyLights” and “BedroomLights” in a variable “UpstairsLights” (i.e. two groups of lights within another larger group) and using only “UpstairsLights” in the piston, does however not seem to work.
By the way, I noticed that apart from the action “Turn On”, there is also a “Turn All On” action now (not sure if it is new). Any idea wat the difference is?

1 Like

:slight_smile: OK, but you are far above my pay grade now! :confused:

1 Like

Thank you, Robin! I am trying to change your piston by changing the “If routine is run” to a specific time of day to test the piston, but the system fails to save the changes I’ve made. At first, I tried to amend the IF statement and when that did not work, I tried adding a second if command with the intention of subsequently deleting your IF command. That did not work either. The system allows the changes, but once the piston has been saved, the changes are missing.
Have you seen this before (the system not allowing saving changes?)

1 Like

Just started happening for me too. Can’t add any if statements or actions.

1 Like

its happening to me also. I can’t add or delete any if statements or actions.

1 Like

Just tested - the issue is not linked to @anon36505037’s piston - can’t change the IF statements of any pistons.
I upgraded to the latest webCore before I started playing around with the piston settings. (Suppose this is my version no: v0.1.0b0.20170523)

1 Like

I too can’t change or add anything, just upgraded to latest version.

v0.1.0b0.20170523

Using Safari and chrome

I can add pistons but adding a statement does not work.

1 Like

I upgraded too and cannot edit my pistons.

1 Like

Same issue on v0.1.0af.20170522

I just upgraded to v0.1.0b0.20170523 and did a hard reload and it’s working again. You guys with issues, try doing a hard reload and see if that helps

1 Like

How do you do a hard reload?

1 Like

If you’re on Chrome, open the dashboard, then hit F12 to open the developer console. Then right click on the Refresh button and click Empty Cache and Hard Reload

1 Like

I’m sure there are multiple ways to do it. I hit f12 and then right click on the refresh browser and choose hard reload.

EDIT: @destructure00 beat me to it by seconds haha.

3 Likes

How do I hard reload on an iPhone 5s?

I logged in and out of web core, still not working.

1 Like

Latest greatest here.
Normal resfresh and working here.

2 Likes

Same here.

Safari, develop menu, empty caches, refresh, all good.

1 Like

Keep refreshing a bunch

1 Like

I paused and unpaused the piston and that seem to resolve it, since I do not have Chrome here.

2 Likes

Shift + refresh in Chrome also does the hard reload.

On an iPhone you have to clear cache from Settings - Safari - Clear Settings and website data

2 Likes

Would it be possible to add mouse over? so when you mouse over a device, it shows the current status of that device.

1 Like

So I got a warning today that popped up in a piston… but it only showed up on one timer. Am I only supposed to have a single timer in a piston now? Or can I ignore it? Everything seems to still be working, but I wanted to double check.

I made the piston because my thermostat doesn’t always update, so it pushes a refresh command twice every hour. Just making sure I’m not doing something that will cause a problem.

1 Like