[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE Beta Milestone 1

v0.1.0ab.20170517 - BETA M1 - Fixed a bug affecting some users, regarding the new LIFX integration

2 Likes

No fun, you fixed the bug before we can experience it :smiley:

2 Likes

@tmleafs did :smiley: one user is one user too many to me :smiley:

5 Likes

Following the instructions to install, and I’ve gotten as far as finding webCoRE in the SmartApp Marketplace \ My Apps. I tap that, and get the welcome screen that ends with “It looks like you are ready to go, please tap Next”. But when I tap Next, I get a red box that says “Oops! Looks like you need to double check some inputs.”

As I haven’t made any inputs yet, I don’t think any of them are wrong, though it’s entirely possible I screwed something up in the IDE. What should I be double-checking?

1 Like

Did you enable the Oath in ide and clicked update?

1 Like

I would look in ide live logging to see what else that error says

1 Like

Yes, I did. It shows a Client ID/Secret in the app properties, and shows as OAuth=true in the list of SmartApps. No events appear in Live Logging when I get the pop-up.

One thing that looked odd to me during the installation steps – there are four apps in the GitHub repo, but the install instructions only tell you to install three of them. Do I actually need all four?

(ETA: After publishing the fourth one, I get the same error trying to install, so that’s apparently a separate question.)

1 Like

Is webCoRE listed in your Smartapps tab, under Automations?

1 Like

I’m not sure where you mean. My Dashboard doesn’t have a SmartApps tab. The only place it appears in the app so far is in Add \ SmartApp Marketplace \ My Apps. If you mean in the IDE, it’s listed under My SmartApps, but the category is Convenience, not Automation.

1 Like

Two things, which app in ide have you enabled the Oath? It should be webcore not webcore piston

AND

In the mobile app, under Automations/Smartapps do you see webCoRE?

1 Like

Yes, oAuth is enabled for webCoRE, not any of the sub-apps.

I don’t know where that screen would be – I don’t appear to have an “Automation” tab, or if I do, it’s at a depth I haven’t found yet.

1 Like

oh wow, I haven’t seen that version of app in a long time. I sure do miss some of its features. So what app shows under Convenince? Is it webCoRE? And if you access it from there, that’s where you get the error?

1 Like

Adrian is pumping things out faster than the wiki can get updated. I will visit the installation pages tonight.

2 Likes

Advantages of SmartThings declining to update the Windows app further, I suppose? Really hoping they get around to a UWP version soon.

No, the app there is Smart Home Ventilation, which I’m not actually using yet. (Need one more sensor.) I don’t think I’m successfully getting it installed – it’s the install flow that appears from the SAM which is failing; I presume it would appear there if I could successfully complete that flow.

1 Like

Yeah, I am out of ideas. @ady624 any thoughts?

1 Like

Is that the Windows app? There are some paragraphs marked “required” to make them red, but they are not really inputs

1 Like

Yep, Windows 10 Mobile. Having it be some kind of automated validation makes sense, given that I can’t find that “Oops!” string in any of the .groovy files.

1 Like

@eibyer can your piston status do this?

Ha! You can now use :fa-cog: or :fa-cog fa-spin: in a status! Or fa-anything (whatever font awesome supports)!

4 Likes

Who wants to try this?

Set piston status “Your damn fan is like this :fa-superpowers{[fan:switch]==‘on’?’ fa-spin’:‘’}:!”

Ok, so fa-superpowers does not work (older version?) and I found a bug, ‘’ is not parsed as an empty string, but skipped - bug fixing time!

1 Like

I want! :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like