[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE Beta Milestone 1

I haven’t even operationalized anything and so far WebCoRE has exceeded any expectations I have ever had.

Amazing implementation.

6 Likes

@ady624 since I’m the one that might have kicked off this whole emoji/Unicode issue I feel a little bad about all the additional work I seem to have given you.

I just played around with things a little more and it seems as if using HTML entities (e.g., 💡 to get :bulb:) works - when entering the former, the latter gets displayed in the piston text but saving the piston and creating the screen shot works. When using the latter, I can’t save or create the image. It seems that people that are savvy enough to enter Unicode Emoji should be savvy enough to convert them to HTML escape sequences (I used this online converter for testing).

2 Likes

Curious about automatic piston state. Disabling allows some useful info on the piston dashboard but what are the consequences of disabling piston state? Looks like timed pistons won’t run any longer. Any others?

1 Like

Hold on, what doesn’t work? You are not disabling the state, you are disabling a mechanism that automatically handles the state…

1 Like

They do for me - care to post an example of a piston that doesn’t work for you?

1 Like

That’s weird. Yesterday I disabled automatic piston state on a piston that fires every hour on the hour. When I saved the piston I saw a message that said this piston will not run on its own, and it wasn’t scheduled. I went back in and enabled automatic piston state and the message went away. I concluded at that time that it was the piston state change that was preventing the piston from running.

I just disabled piston state on the same piston and didn’t get the will not run on its own message and it is scheduled for noon. Maybe it was a browser issue yesterday.

My bad…

1 Like

I have plenty of timed pistons that work fine after disabling automatic piston state.

IIRC, automatic piston state is just based on the first conditional statement in the piston. If that condition is true, the piston state is true. If false, piston state is false. In order for piston state to affect anything, you would have to change the TEP (task execution policy) to execute on piston state change only.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Set the log level to Full and follow the dickens

1 Like

Can you post the log on open and close?

1 Like

In order to minimize processing time, I use local variables to generate the strings to use for both, piston state as well as notifications. However, now with the formatting strings, those show up as raw strings in the notifications.

Should I rewrite my pistons to build independent strings for notifications vs. piston state or would it make sense to strip out the formatting and use raw strings only for notifications? @ady624

1 Like

I was going to strip formatting off anything non-log or non-state but haven’t done it yet. It may not be the most efficient way though.

@ahndee please update and see if emojis save fine now

1 Like

Just updated to 0.1.0a8 and saving the piston I previously couldn’t (with :bulb: in the piston state) now works. I also can now create the green snapshot from it which I previously couldn’t. Thanks! :clap:

3 Likes

wow, amazing…!!

1 Like

Playing around with time and noticed that when running on the :00 past hours and set to 11:00am, the piston actually ran at 10:59:59 am which caused the statement to be false. Should this be the case or should the piston run at 11:00 am

1 Like

Nothing to do with it - your piston uses triggers inside a timer (trigger) - they can’t both happen at the same time, because they’re both triggers, remember, only one trigger is true within a piston run. You can use $hour to filter by those, or I can add hour filters for the hourly timer. Maybe this weekend.

1 Like

Thanks @ady62, I personally like the hours filters for the hourly timer similar to how it was done way back in the day of CoRE

1 Like

@ady624 just updated to the latest version getting

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘lifx_token’ on null object @ line 1430

Quite alot mainly the add devices page get that annoy “Page cant be loaded right now”

1 Like

What are you trying to do? Steps to reproduce it?

1 Like