Weather to set mode?

Weather tile updates only once a day and it even skipped some (yesterday and today). Is this going under maintenance?

You asking me? Hell if I know. It has been most of a week and I haven’t even gotten a “your issue is ticket #9999999” or whatever they do when you have an open issue. I was also assured that I would be in any email chain regarding the problem.

The help guy had to consult with a developer and that’s the last I heard.

Hey all, can someone help me with the virtual weather tile? I have created the device type from the IDE and isntalled it as a virtual device through the IDE as well.

I cannot get the thing to update for the life of me. It will update fine through the IDE but not through the app/smart device i added to my “things.”

Any ideas? Can someone give me a quick walk through of how they added it? Maybe even copy the code your using i the custom device type into the forum here so an make sure its the same?

Any help is graciously accepted. Thanks!!!

Tim

You haven’t done anything wrong, most likely. As I mention further up in the thread, when I talked to support they confirmed that the weather tile has a bug that keeps it from updating when it should, which is every 5 minutes.

hmmm ok. This keeps the manual refresh from working as well?

Ah, no. You have some other problem. But if the tile appears in your Things (not your apps) and still won’t refresh manually, you have some other issue. I would talk to support.

@differentcomputers

Can you give me the steps you went through to add the device? I couldn’t find any instructions anywhere and i did it by the seat of my pants. Ive added custom device types before but want to make sure there isn’t something special for the weather tile.

Pretty sure if you read this entire thread you’ll find it here. I was following someone else’s instructions. I wouldn’t dare to repeat them from memory.

In my case the weather tile stopped updating entirely since last Saturday. Manual refresh doesn’t give me update either. It sounds like manual refresh is at least working for @differentcomputers. Perhaps I’ll remove the tile and add it again to see if that’d at least bring back manual refresh.

@esung @differentcomputers

So, i was getting really frustrated over the issues i was seeing with the weather tile smart device that i started to parse of the code, when i realized that the code that was published from smarthtings did not include the necessary attributes and capabilites needed to display correctly in the app. So i re wrote the code on my end and it has been displaying properly now. I have alerted smarttihngs support about this and have informed me that it has been given to a dev team to take a look at and that it would be triaged pretty rapidly.

Mine is having problems refreshing as well. It refreshed fine for about a day, then missed an hour or so, then started refreshing again, then misses 3 hours, started refreshing again… and so on. Is that what you are seeing? If so I will let the support person I have been working with know and they can take a look at it. Just want to make sure we are all seeing the same issue before i bring it to there attention.

Also,

@urman has agreed to look into adding support for the Netatmo weather station!!! With that all our woes would be gone. The netatmo is hands down the best “small” weather station ive had. Im kinda of a weather nut so ive had a few… lol :slight_smile:

@tslagle13 I hope your work puts a fire under the devs. It has been a solid week now since ST confirmed the bug and I haven’t gotten one email about it. And I was told I would be kept in the loop.

Mine always manually refreshes, but updates automatically randomly and maybe 2x a day tops.

And 3 more days with no word from ST support.

Heard from Andrew about this a few days ago. He’s going to post here when it’s fixed. I’m surprised it isn’t already!

Thanks @differentcomputers for the update.

OK Andrew et al. any word on this???

Still nothing???

@all sorry about the delay. Just finished testing a workaround SmartApp. It is in the Convenience category and is called SmartWeather Station Controller.

It uses a special scheduling controller different than the default. Much more reliable.

Install the SmartApp, select the tile you have, and it will work!

Thanks!

Thanks for all the work @urman. The smartapp doesn’t see my weather tile though:(

@urman

Mine installed with no problems and I got regular updates through the night. Any chance of being able to set the update frequency? An hour seems too long (maybe 15 or 20 minutes). Maybe it’s because I am from Seattle and the weather can change 10 times in the course of an hour.

@trotsky40

Can you post the code for the weather station tile you have? Mine isn’t being recognized by the smart app and the IDE can’t pull up sample code right now. Thanks!!!