Wattvision

Mine also connects but shows zero data, too. It’s been this way for 6 months or more. Something is wrong with the wattvision manager app.

If I go into the device on the web browser, I can put in the web address it is using, and it goes to the graph that should be displayed. Works fine in a web browser, just not the app.

Hi guys, founder of wattvision here… We’re investigating with the latest smartthings app. Will keep you posted. You can also email me directly at info@wattvision.com. We’ve reached out to SmartThings to see what’s up and why the integration doesn’t appear to be working.

Thanks, please keep us updated. I use this to turn on my battery charger when i am sending power to the grid.

Hi guys: A new pull request is in. The integration is now working.

1 Like

I just installed the wattvision app and it is not showing any data from my sensor. My sensor is online and reporting at the wattvision portal?

The fix is in, but the changes are not yet in production.

What about a SmartApp to PUSH data to wattvision via their API… for those of us who have an existing Z-Wave or Zigbee power meter? Like the Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter v2 (Amazon page).

Thanks,
Scott

When will we see it working again in production?

I just stumbled on this topic after trying out the Wattvision app for the first time with my ST2 hub. My Things page shows no icon for the device and “$(CURRENTVALUE) W” as the status. The device info page shows an empty graph and “–” as the value. Assuming it’s the same issue. I have a Rainforest Eagle, in case it matters. Reporting in case this helps. Bump for the fix.

Hey yaimavaldivia, do you have an estimate for when this will be working again?

Hi @feixiao can you give it a try? I just updated the device type in prod.

Worked for me. Any way to customize the icon or set some kind of default icon for the Things views?

Woot!
We’re back!

Hi @kimgust, can you try to change the icon? I just merged the code in prod. Let me know.

Icon updating works. Thanks!

I can also confirm that the Energy Alerts SmartApp works for me in combo with the WV SmartApp now too for high/low energy usage alerts. That’s the benefit of the WV app for me anyway. Curious if others have additional uses for it.

Finally got this working but things are unstable to say the least:

1. The job which is scheduled once a minute (getDataFromWattvision) dies after a few hours (scheduled job in the past - I guess this is the general scheduling issue with the platform?). Any way to add a “refresh” method so that things could at least get kick-started?
  2. Trying to kick-start things by selecting “Done” in the “Wattvision Manager” results in “Failed to save page: rootPage.” This also unschedules the data retrieval job. The only way to get the job properly scheduled is to select the connected sensor, wait for the “Your Wattvision is now connected to SmartThings!” message and then force-quit the application :anguished:

My plan is to use this to determine when my wife’s car is done charging in order to get a notification so that I can switch the charger over to my car - however, with the current state of things where the usage stops refreshing randomly this is just not working :cry:

@yaimavaldivia Shouldn’t line 285 in wattvision-manager.groovy read

schedule("0 * * * * ?", "getDataFromWattvision") // every 1 minute

instead of

schedule("* /1 * * * ?", "getDataFromWattvision") // every 1 minute

With the original (current) line, the job runs multiple times per minute and fairly quickly dies (typically within less than an hour). With the changed schedule I had it running without fail for more than 24h so far (keeping my fingers crossed…). I actually use a number other than “0” for the seconds to try and avoid peak times.

@yaimavaldivia Figured out the “Failed to save page: rootPage” issue - line #264 currently reads:

if (diff > 259200000) { // 3 days in milliseconds

However, based on the Wattvision API as well as the comment in the following line, this should be

if (diff > 10800000) { // 3 hours in milliseconds

instead.