Water Cop on sale at the Smartest House $39.99 Plus other great items

One on the main line, another on the hot water line.

2 Likes

Why? Because we can lol. Seriously though I have a Leaksmart valve on the main already. I bought these so I can shut off only 1 section of the house at a time. Current plan is to use them on the lines that go upstairs. If leak detected in the upstairs bathrooms, turn off the water going upstairs.
Now I am wishing I ordered more than 2, since I didnā€™t even consider until just now that I need 1 for hot and one for cold water lines.
Anyone think I can order 4 more without the wife noticing?

Only reason?? Youā€™re new to this whole HAA thing, arenā€™t you?

Words of experience, placing a leak sensor on the bathroom floor outside the shower is great training tool on how to make sure the shower curtain/door is completely closed.

1 Like

Yeah, I told my wife I donā€™t like spending on stuffs we donā€™t need.

I see a need to be able to turn off the water only in the part of the house with a leak. :grin::grin:

Iā€™m still working on a plan to T off the drain for the boiler and have it just drain itself every few days.

Crap, I though my wallet was safe when it went OOS and now they have moreā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Can you guys give me an idea of the size / weight of the package? Iā€™m from Canada and have a friend comming next week and was thinking on asking him to bring it and save on shipping and taxesā€¦

Also, apart from wanting one for the water main, my house has 2 water valves in the basement: one goes to the garage and another one to the backyard, every November I have to close them and drain them for the winter, and around April open them againā€¦ Would these work to replace these valves and automate the process? I always forget to do itā€¦

I guess I have to do the draining manually anyway so not sure if its worth the money / hassle to install these, am I overthinking this Home Automation thing?

About 6x8x12 and 4-5lb (eyeballing it).

2 Likes

Just received mine - turned on and paired just fine but motor isnā€™t moving at all. Manual valve has a lot of resistance - is this normal? Contacting @TheSmartestHouse but wanted to put the data point up here.

Not a bad eyeball. UPS listed it as 9.5lbs for 2 of them.

2 Likes

Please Show your finished work if you get water heater mod goingā€¦interested in doing same.

Opened the cover, found that the motor would move if I twisted the cover / wires around a bit. Reseated the wires control in the 3-position terminal block and it seems to be working reliably now. Surely just a fluke but wanted to throw it up here in case anyone else experiences the same symptoms.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Mark! Weā€™re checking the inventory to make sure this was an isolated case and if you find any issues with the device at all, please let our support team know so we can replace it for you.

2 Likes

Not sure what the problem is but thereā€™s a note on the the valve saying ā€œFor cold water use onlyā€

Not sure how many people having the initial valve not moving issue but I would suggest having a note in there telling people to use a flathead screwdriver and manually exercise the valve first before attaching the controller.
Chances are, these valves have been sitting in storage for a while. I did for both my valves and they were very tight. Itā€™s a good practice to do this with any type of valve to prevent damage to the handle or controller.

2 Likes

Ordered Friday the 31st and tracking says April 11 arrival. :frowning:

Funny - I wonā€™t be getting it installed for a while (have some other plumbing work to decide on and will have it all done together) but I just want to play w/my toy. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing that Ray! Weā€™ll definitely advise any other customers having issues with the valves to do that. So far, it looks like we havenā€™t received many complaints but as the sale orders get delivered, weā€™ll probably see more requests for assistance with installation coming in so that will surely help troubleshoot any hardware problems!

Thatā€™s very strange! Are you on the West Coast? Since these kits are super heavy, all free shipping is ground and it does take around 6 business days for ground shipping between NJ and CA. We also got hit with roughly 10 times more orders than usual that weekend so fulfillment was delayed for orders placed on Friday noon and on. Weā€™re really sorry itā€™s taking longer than usual for your order to arrive!

Yes I also had to tighten the wires on the 3 terminal block, one of them was really loose. Once I did that the motor started working fine.
Easy to do, not a problem at all.

1 Like

Easy once you figure out thatā€™s the issue :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m on the Left Coast, yes. :slight_smile:

That explains it. Whenever itā€™s a small package, weā€™ll air ship it and it takes just a couple of days but with free shipping on 10+ lb, it had to be ground. Weā€™ll do better next time, promise!

1 Like