Warning: DTHs set to run locally, when used with incompatible devices, may cause local rules to not behave as expected. If this occurs, remove the local flags, re-publish the DTH, and re-save the rule

Warning: DTHs set to run locally, when used with incompatible devices, may cause local rules to not behave as expected. If this occurs, remove the local flags, re-publish the DTH, and re-save the rule.

Just showed up in the IDE. It appeared on a custom DTH… If this means that custom DTHs can run locally, I am going to get quite excited :wink: Tagging @krlaframboise because it is your DTH.

I’ve been seeing that for a few days, or even a week or two (I’ve lost track of time). It appeared at the same time, or shortly after the related message you see when editing devices (which the IDE is making a pigs ear of at the moment, changes to e.g. device names appear in the REST API but not in the IDE).

I read it as a warning not to set the local flags on a custom DTH unless you are just messing around with the metadata on a stock DTH and leaving the business end unchanged.

It is a lot more critical with local execution of Rules imminent.

2 Likes

I read it the same way - reinforcing an unwritten rule that’s always existed. About once a year someone comes up with a post about making DTH’s local by ‘just adding the flags’ This warning would specifically indicate that’s a bad idea.

2 Likes