Wall mounting a tablet for control panel

Thanks @tgauchat i’m waiting for delivery of my Fire HD 8. Once it comes I’ll try out actiontiles with the 14day trial and hopefully it works for me then i’ll purchase the license. Can you create sliders or circular sliders to adjust things like temperature and brightness on devices?

Reading through this thread it seems like a Fire 10 tablet is not the best choice. I have one that I rarely use and would like to put it to use and I also have an old XOOM 10" tablet running Android 4.4 I could put to use. Maybe neither of these is up to the task but it would be nice to give them a purpose other than collecting dust.

All depends on your needs. I have several Fire 10s and they work great IMHO. However, these are all running DAKboard and ActionTiles and the screens are always on.

I am using my old Xoom (running 4.4.4) with Sharptools as my dashboard.

It’s been working pretty good considering the age of the tablet. You have to create your dashboard on another device (I use a laptop) due to constraints of the very old version of Chrome on the Xoom. You can use a modified version of Chromium for the Tegra 2 to build, and use, dashboards but I prefer the laptop and Chrome.

I have not used ActionTiles so I can’t tell you how they compare.

1 Like

I am not using any of the advanced features of Sharptools but here is the dashboard I usually use. It has the things I control most in the house. I have my Xoom in a dock on the table next to my chair.

3 Likes

Android 4.4.x will possibly work - though I recommend checking out the XDA Developer’s website where you may find a way to upgrade the ROM / Android OS version.

ActionTiles is full-featured free for 14-days (extendible if you get stuck), so just dive in a give it a try.

2 Likes

Action Tiles looks like what I want. I have a Fire 10 tablet as I said and would like to use that. So I guess I need to look into installing Action Tiles on there and also DAKboard.

2 Likes

Super!

To link in DAKboard as the screen saver and such, be sure to download the complete official version of Fully (there’s a FireOS APK) from the download box on the Fully website at https://fully-kiosk.com

Drop us a line at Support@ActionTiles.com with any ActionTiles questions. Dive in!

https://app.ActionTiles.com