Wait function question

(Greg) #1

Wondering is the Wait function specific to the piston or will it hold up any other pistons that need to run?

As near as I can figure it is only for the piston and if used in a IF statement you can set other IF’s in the same piston to async so the ignore the timer elsewhere in the script.

Do I have this right?

(Robin) #2

You’re half way there.

The wait will only effect the piston it is within… correct.

You need to set the block containing the wait to ‘async’ for other blocks to be unaffected.

(Robin) #3

P.s. I know I’ve got my effects and affects mixed up… I never listened in school and can’t be bothered to look up the correct word lol :joy:

(Greg) #4

So basically set async on any block that I want to run no matter what any other block does. If I want them to run one after the other then no async. Correct?

(Robin) #5

Again, you’re half way there.

If a block contains a wait with no async, everything following will have to wait.

If a block contains a wait with async turned on, then all blocks following will fire without waiting. Commands within the wait block, after the wait, will still wait.

Example 1 (both lights will wait 5 minutes):

If switch turns on
Then

using light 1 (sync)
wait 5 minutes
Turn on

using light 2 (sync)
turn on

Example 2 (light 1 will wait 5 minutes, light 2 will turn straight on):

If switch turns on
Then

using light 1 (async)
wait 5 minutes
Turn on

using light 2 (sync)
turn on

Guys - Is this in CoRE or WebCore? If WebCore, how can I do these same conditions in CoRE?