GoControl WA105DBZ-1 siren

Anyone know of any edge drivers that work with GoControl WA105DBZ-1 siren?

https://www.gocontrol.com/detail.php?productId=13

I installed this z-wave siren edge driver for this Go Control Siren and it works. Once enrolled search available drivers and find the z-wave siren. You may need to remove the device and reinstall it for it to pick up the new driver.

That’s weird. I have that driver installed but when I try to select a different driver it isn’t listed in the options.

I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it to the hub.

The only driver option that works is the z-wave switch one. No z-wave siren driver appears in the list.

Any update on how to get the driver to show up as an option? I can see it for other devices but not this siren. Since the move to Edge drivers, the connectivity has been terrible too. The device is always offline unless really close to the hub.

I’m having the same issue with my WA105DBZ-1 siren. Tried excluding and added the device back again but still shows up only as a z-wave switch. Have you had any luck?

I’m having the same problem, only z wave switch
guess nobody has figured out a solution :frowning:

Has anyone been successful in making this siren work with the new Smartthings? I have it paired fine but can’t find any drivers to have it work. Are there any edge drivers available for this? Or is this device now just a paperweight? TIA!!

This device works with Marianos driver Zwave Siren Mc. Below is a link to his channel invite.

https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

I’ve already tried that driver… I tried it again and it’s the exact same thing. I try to change my device to that driver and it doesn’t even show up in the list.

Have you added the driver to your hub with the link I provided? When you open your hub in ST and click the 3 dots upper right and pick drivers, do you see it is installed?

Mine is working with @Mariano_Colmenarejo driver, the only problem is that the battery status does not update, it’s always at 100%
Mariano, please, it would be great to see an update that reports the actual battery level. Thanks

same as the user above, doesn’t show up in the list when you select change driver

I do see the driver when I go to my hub though

Then your device is not paire properly. Now that you have installed the driver. You need to Exclude the device and pair it again. Make sure the device is close to your hub and it should pair with Marianos driver.

thanks for the info, to be clear, do I remove the device, do exclusion, then add back?
or do I exclude the device, then remove device from ST, then add it back?

appreciate it

When you exclude the device it will remove it. Put SmartThings in exclusion mode: select your hub in the app, tap the three dots in the top-right corner, go to settings, then Z-Wave utilities, and choose Z-Wave exclusion. Put the device in exclusion mode, and you should receive confirmation that it was removed. Then you need to add the device back and it should pair with Marianos driver.

This worked for me… siren working as a siren now. Thanks. Now I don’t have to dread the sirens going off when my google home mysteriously hears us say turn on all switches. :sweat_smile:

1 Like