Voice Alert?

Please help as I can’t get this to work.

I can follow all the directions but when I test it I get nothing but the smartthings notification and no sound/speak.

Apologies if this is a total noob question. Wouldn’t this require every event to be triggering a notification via the Android OS? How is SmartThings setup then to do this?

I’m hoping to some how get my Android (Kindle Fire 5th Gen) to announce when doors are opened. I setup tasker as you identified but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything…

There is an amazing Android app and ST device handler that turns your phone into a siren, doorbell and speech synthesis device. The app is call LANnouncer and all the info is on [RELEASE] LANnouncer with IFTTT
You can share this with big talker, ruler machine or the new app CoRe to make custom voice notifications for just about anything

1 Like

Thanks jmiele4. I installed BigTalker and it now announces via LANnouncer on my Fire. Going to keep playing around with it to see if I can change the default voice and create custom announcements (maybe CoRe is the answer).

1 Like

Is the built-in Sonos Labs Text-to-speech still broken? For custom messages as notifications in SHM?

Seems like Text to Speech is working again, but the Sonos Labs device type is still extremely buggy. The whole “resume music after playing custom message” option fails entirely, or only attempts to work on one of my 4 sonos speakers and the track that it resumes isn’t the track that was playing when the custom message interrupted it.