Visonic Sensors

I just bought the smartthings hub. I wanted to know if anything has come out of getting the Visonic sensors to work with his hub yet. I am able to get them cheap and would like to be able to use them.

The sensors I currently have are:

Door/window sensors: MCT-320 SMA (2.4G) NA DIY
Curtain detector: Clip SMA (2.4G) NA DIY WH.
Motion detector: Next plus K9-85 SMA (2.4G) NA DIY
Smoke and heat detector: MCT-427 SMA (2.4G)

Nope… :frowning:
I haven’t heard back from anyone yet and asked if they had any progress on it a month ago with no reply yet.

The hub will find them, but will not pair with them. I tried (again yesterday) to see if changing the type manually in the online developers portal would work, but still no luck.

The last response I got when I asked about Visonic sensors working was: “Thanks for reaching out. At this time we are not compatible with Visonic sensors. We don’t have any plans to incorporate them at this time, but I can put I down as a features request.” I would really like to figure out how to get them working since they are cheaper for people to get from certain sources. I’m hoping that I can get some working or else I will have to return the ST’s hub and get something else to use.

Is it possible that someone can code a device type for these or do we have to wait for ST to support them?

It doesn’t look good for ST programmers getting to them any time soon. I wanted to know as well if we can program them in ourselves but I didn’t really know where to start in doing that.

Got these sensors to someone who is going to take a crack at these. @Sticks18

Door and Motion. If these are a success then anyone with any other sensors might be willing to donate to the cause of getting these all unofficially supported.

If we can start getting these to work I can get different ones to donate as needed. I’m hopeing to hear back from smc on whether they can provide me more info on how to get these working.

I can also get various ones to donate to the cause…

Has anyone had any luck getting these Visonics to work?

Nope…I try every few weeks just to see, but still nothing. I would not expect them to ever work.

I ended up just ditching Smartthings and going with the PEQ system sold at BestBuy. It uses the same style SMA sensors and they have updated their app as well as backend stuff to start supporting IFTTT.

It’s still not as robust as Smartthings, but it ended up being cheaper for me to go that route then buying a bunch of new sensors and cameras.

But PEQ is $10/month, right? Adds up after a while…

IFTTT says there is no planned PEQ channel at this time. Zubie works with Peq and Zubie has an IFTTT channel, perhaps that is the confusion. But the Zubie channel can only collect zubie information, no event management.

The $10/month PEQ fee does include some camera storage.

https://support.mypeq.com/hc/en-us/articles/203637334-What-Do-I-Get-In-The-9-99-Monthly-Charge-

Yes it is 10/mon and does add up so I’m not saying it is for everyone, but in my case I had plenty of SMA sensors that work with PEQ so it was beneficial in my case. It’s not true IFTTT but they have a section called “House Rules” where you can set actions based on criteria ( door open, motion, what mode you are set in, etc)

Down the road I would love to give smartthings a try again, as I mentioned it seems quite robust, BUT I just can’t spend hundreds of dollars replacing all my sensors right now.

1 Like

I don’t get it. If the MCT-320 door/window sensor and the K9-85 motion sensor are Zigbee devices, and the SmartThings hub claims to support Zigbee, why are these not supported? Can someone from the development team explain how to connect these devices through the IDE or otherwise or why they’re not detected by the iOS app when in pairing mode? I only got the SmartThings hub because I thought it could connect these that are all over my house and they’re all vanilla Zigbee devices AFAIK.

Zigbee supports several different profiles, and they are not all compatible with each other.

In addition, the zigbee standard allows individual manufacturers to add proprietary encoding on top of the standard profiles, which is actually one reason why Zigbee is so popular for security sensors. Many security companies add their own encryption.

SmartThings uses the standard zigbee home automation profile (ZHA 1.2). So devices that use the standard profile can usually be made to work with it. For example, there is one model line from NYCE that will work with SmartThings, and another model line that has proprietary encoding for Control 4 and will not. Both are zigbee, but the profiles are different.

http://nycesensors.com/products/ncz3011c4/

This has nothing to do with SmartThings: it’s up to the manufacturer whether they use a standard profile or not.

If you contact visonic and give them the model number of the sensors, they should be able to tell you whether it is using a proprietary profile or not.

I just noticed as of June that the Visonic MCT-340 is now on the list of compatible devices… And the Visonic MCT-320 is not ?!? So Close…

On which list? It’s not on the ST official list:

https://www.smartthings.com/compatible-products

Was there a new announcement?

I think the 340 has always worked:

After searching all over the internet for how to reset and connect my two Visonic MCT-340 E sensors to my Samsung Smartthings Hub v3, and not finding good instructions, I want to summarize exactly how to do that (they were in the house when we bought it)…

So, SmartThings Community won’t let me post the same thing twice. Here is my post in another thread…

1 Like