Visonic MCT-340 E will not reconnect

Been using a Visonic MCT-340 E sensor for about 18 months. the battery died a couple weeks ago and I just got around to replacing it.

The sensor won’t reconnect to the network. The light blinks when the sensor opens/closes, but I can’t make it communicate. I tried both shutting down the V2 hub for 15 min (no batteries, truly OFF) and also attempted to re-add it (without resetting it, just wanted to see if it had reset itself).

I have several automations set up with this, I would rather not have to delete/reset it, but I will if I need to.

Any idea how to make this work?

There’s no risk in resetting the sensor and re-adding it to ST. Zigbee sensors have a static ID (like a MAC address) so it’ll still work with your existing automations. The pairing process won’t result in a device being found, since ST already knows about the sensor, but if it’s able to connect you should (I think) see an indication of successful pairing on the sensor and the device will start updating.

Also try deleting and custom handler you have that may have that device’s fingerprint

Thank you guys for your efforts; after letting it sit around for an hour with the new battery, it miraculously started working again.

:thinking: I did NOT know this! Maybe this is why I can’t get a rouge Iris Plug repaired! I have so many of the darn things and forgot what this particular one was so I deleted it and re-added it but it would not repair! :roll_eyes: