Video Monitoring - V2 Hub - Intergration with existing camera systems

I’m super excited about the video integration with the V2 hub. A couple quick questions…

Will ST be able to accept video source feeds (Mp4)?

Also, I’m particularly interested in integrating an existing camera system I have, which can provide a RTSP service for each camera. :heart_eyes: I’m assuming something like this wont be available today, at launch, but might it be on the roadmap?

2 Likes

Hey Bryan!

Check out our Video FAQ. This lists the current camera devices that are compatible with SmartThings and Smart Home Monitor.

@slagle Are there any plans to support other D-Link cloud connected cameras? I have a DCS-942L and a DCS-5020L currently in use with my current hub (Staples Connect) and when I get my v2 hub I was hoping to be able to integrate these directly into the new system.

1 Like

There has been comments regarding the ST team adding additional makes/models to the camera support line up, but the comments were pretty vague. I’m itching for a clearer answer as well, due to the current line up still costing $100+ per camera. ST is most definitely going in the right direction, but I would still love to see some compatible cameras in the $50 - $70 range each.

All in all, I’m still crazy excited about the new hub and all the awesome updates!

@slagle @Tyler

The 4 camera limit that is listed in the faq, is that 4 total or 4 simultaneous streams. I don’t have a large house and I have 6 cameras to cover everything.

Hey Jody,

This is limit of 4 cameras per Hub.

So if I buy another hub I can do 4 more?

1 Like

@tslagle13 do you know if there will be integration of the outdoor samsung hd camera? http://www.samsung.com/us/security-and-monitoring/ip-cameras/SNH-E6440BN

1 Like

Tim,

All of the cameras that you’re supporting in this first release are in the $100 - $200 price range. It would be really nice to see some of the less expensive cameras, like for example the D-Link DCS-932L ($45 from Amazon) supported soon.

1 Like

At this time we only support those listed on our Video FAQ page.

Which cameras are compatible with SmartThings?

The Samsung SmartCam HD Pro SNH-P6410BN and D-Link models DCS-2132L, DCS-2310L, DCS-2330L, DCS-5222L, and DCS-5029L are compatible.

Agreed.

Currently I’ll be purchasing the DSC-5029L for around $100 bucks, but also one of the cheaper Dlink models… juuuuuust to try out the cheaper model to see if it’ll work.

Just because the cheaper models are not yet supported doesn’t mean we couldn’t get lucky! (<- one of the few times a double negative appears to work)

RSTP feed support would be huge.
It’s a generic protocol and widely supported. That would 100% bring me over from Wink!

5 Likes

+1000000000000000000000000000000

2 Likes

This is what we’re using for the integrations we announced. We’re working towards making this available for community developers after our beta period.

7 Likes

I’m assuming by adding RSTP feed support, this would be a huge step in supporting a vast amount of different camera models?

Yes. Not all, many cameras more than 5 or so years old don’t support RSTP, but support MJPEG.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Opening up RSTP integration to developers would be great.

I’ve got a Ubiquity surveillance system I want to get integrated with ST.

2 Likes

Any chance of a one time fee to allow local storage for recordings rather than being stuck with the cloud option?

Silly question. What would happen when/if RSTP integration were to be opened up to developers?

Hoping RSTP integration opens up Blink integration!

3 Likes