Video camera to monitor gate?

I’m trying to come up with a way to monitor if a gate at the end of my driveway is open or closed. It is about 400 feet from my house. I have the 3rd generation ST hub and several z wave devices (I’m pretty new to the smart home thing).

As far as I can tell, it will be too far away for a contact sensor on z wave to reach back to my house. I though the easiest thing to do would be to place a security camera outside on my house that can see the gate and stream to ST and i could just look at the stream to know if it is open or closed.

My concern is that it seems that most security cameras are intended to monitor up close, like as a person comes up to a door. Will I be able to see a gate well enough from 400 feet to tell if it’s open? My other concern is night vision, I want to be able to tell if it open or closed even when dark.

Any suggestions for a camera that would work for this purpose? Or any other obvious solutions that I haven’t thought of?

Thanks!

There are battery operated cameras that are Wi-Fi, and so should be able to handle the range. ( or even better if you have power at the gate, and then you will have more choices.)

I would just put the camera on a post along the driveway where it is much closer to the gate.

Arlo has an official integration with SmartThings and is a popular brand.