V2 Hub Migration and Cree Connected Bulbs

Well, something has changed since 10/11 or so. ST is pushing configure command at 1 to 3 in the morning which triggers the bulbs to flash and stay on in some cases. For the past 2 years or so with 7 or 8 Cree bulbs I can’t recall a single issue. Zip, nada, until this hub update which triggered the fw updates which 10 hours later triggered the configure command I guess.

As I posted above, ST’s own multi-sensor is stuck in a fw update loop, and drops off the network each day after that fails. I can disable OTA to end that entertainment.

Add two more Zigbee and now 9 Z-wave devices having problems today. I’ve been cutting power to all the Z-wave devices all day and trying to get things to settle. Since past experience dictates the only way to really fix the troubled older Z-wave devices is to delete device and re-add, I’m taking the earlier advice and migrating everything to Hubitat in my next block of free time.

1 Like

I have noticed the same issue. ST pushing configure command to my Cree bulbs which causes flash off/on. Does not seem to happen with other devices or other bulbs.
Any ideas?

I speculate a bad firmware update causing the bulbs to drop off and reconnect. When that happens, the flash, and ST automatically sends configure command after the re-join. So this way ST can blame Cree, and Cree can say it doesn’t happen on other platforms. :slight_smile:

Could be. Any suggestions?

Anyone fix this? My Cree’s in the bedroom flash momentarily, just happened. 3am. Terrible idea in the bedroom.