V2 Hub Devices NEVER show up for inclusion

Hi Andrew,

I would suggest is that once you get into three way switches, be very cautious and make sure that all sources of power are confirmed to be shut off by testing with a non-contact voltage tester, something like this:

When it comes to the complicated or unusual electrical installs, I would call an electrician. Make sure to stay safe!

I’m wondering if you’re a not getting a proper neutral connection. If you are not, the z-wave radio will not be active.

David

Either would work.

Probably a better diagram. Key is figuring out how your switches and light are wired.

Click me

Thanks for all of the feedback today guys… just got home and flipped on the slave switch and immediately both switches started working correctly. Makes me feel a little less silly. I still have the problem with connecting to the hub, but after I wear the puppy out at the dog park I’ll come back and dig into that issue!

Just wanted to give feedback on what I found!

Actually… didn’t even have to wait. I just opened the app and like almost every other device I’ve had problems with it miraculously showed up in the “connected devices” that hadn’t been setup yet. The only thing I did before that was move the hub 5 feet. I was hesitant to type the last sentence because I honestly don’t think that fixed the problem.

I really think there is an issue with including devices that is causing the app to lag behind in picking up the sync…

so to review…

last night i wired the switch in and couldn’t get anything to include or the lights to come on. Today I came home from work, turned on the slave switch and the lights started working and controlling from the z-wave master. I moved the hub (without disconnecting any wires) about 5 feet and suddenly the device was included

Glad to hear you’ve gotten it working. Now you just have to either make it so no-one uses the slave switch or go get an add-on switch. The slightly obsessive side of me loves using the add-on switch in a 3-way configuration, you’re never forced to switch it ‘on’ (up) in order to turn off the lights :smile:

I will absolutely be adding the slave switch… in other news I decided to include the Motion Sensor when I got back and just like every other device, this one isn’t showing up on the hub either

It’s my turn tomorrow with the electrician coming in to install 10-12 GE switches. :wink:

1 Like

All gone for a toss as he couldn’t do it . So back to Amazon. So heart broken! :frowning: I had aluminum wiring and what not as the electrician told me.