Utilizing the Pearl Thermostat with Smartthings

Anyway you guys able to set display always on without a touch? At least current temp display would have been awesome.

Got this reply from their support.

In order for the display on the Pearl to remain lit you will need to have a common wire (C terminal) present at the thermostat.

Hi guys,
i got this thermostat working with smartthings, but UI
those sliders is pissing me off(so mad)
really hard to set a temperature using sliders.

Does anyone know if thereā€™s a custom handler that can be modified to use buttons?

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a custom handler someplace, but if you use ActionTiles there are simple +/- buttons. I know thisā€™s doesnā€™t help you for the standard ST app, but it is a work aroundā€¦

@Rigging65
i was looking at this thread Centralite HA Thermostat
but itā€™s for HA Thermostat,
if you look at the picture some one posted
they have up/down arrows(buttons) next to temp.
was hoping implement to Pearl-touchscreen thermostat.

Or someone already did?

Finally, bite a bullet and changed Device handler to somewhat match Centralite HA thermostat,
at least i have a arrows.

for some reason, iphone and android have different formatting, and not sure how to fix it,
but if anyone interested, i can share my code.

This is Before on Android:

After:

This now suddenly appeared as arrow to increase/decrease temperature which is much better. I did not have to manually update anything. Its nice now with each click temp can be changed.

which model do you have anyway can you upload a picture?
Thanx.

Here are the pics

Thanks Raj,
i got update Yesterday as well.
Looks good, except i left mine with my custom UI.
They replaced sliders.

Is there a DTH for these things? I bought one a while back and was never able to get it to connect.

You should be able to just use the Centralite thermostat DTH. I got one for Christmas and thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been using since day 1 and itā€™s worked like a charm. Are you able to connect it and just having issues with the DTH or havenā€™t been able to connect it?

Would you by chance have a link to the DTH? I have been reading through the threads and canā€™t seem to find the code for it.

Itā€™s already in smartthings. You donā€™t have to add your own DTH.

I must be missing something. When I attempt to add it using the ST App, there is no Centralite Thermostat available in the menu.

Well you can go here and get the code thatā€™s official from smartthings. It should automatically be available for you to use, not sure why youā€™re not seeing it though. Iā€™ve double checked to make sure i didnā€™t add it myself and itā€™s not a self published dth but itā€™s not.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Iā€™ve been ripping my hair out looking for that. For some reason the only options I am given under thermostats are 2Gig, ecobee, Fidure, Honeywell, Leviton and Zen. Canā€™t wait to finally get this thing installed.

Anyone know what this error is when attempting to install the DTH?

Org.springframework.security.access.AccessDeniedException: Run Locally Permission not allowed for DeviceType: f1746ae6-3eb1-4af7-89b7-3ff18bac1183

I agree with Robert. You should not need any additional DTH besides the one that comes built in with smarththings app. I just installed one yesterday and it connected fine without any issue. Go to ā€˜add a thingā€™ on ST app, but donā€™t hit ā€˜Add device manuallyā€™ button. let ST discover the device itself. If you still canā€™t see it, then either your thermostat is faulty or you have not activated programming mode 12 properly on the thermostat. Turning on the discover network mode on thermostat is a little tricky though.

I will give it another go. May have to exchange it for a replacement. Thank you both for the feedback.