[OBSOLETE] 3A Nue RGBW strip controller with normal RGBW led strip lights: Manufacturer’s DTH

Kevin,
I know you’ve been asked this before, but I need to run everything over 24v due to the load… if I feed the 3A New controller 24v, will it damage it? And will it output 24v to the strip?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you tell me when and where did you buy the RGBW controller? The latest one can run over 24V DC, but the previous one not. The previous one might be damaged with 24V input.

Regards,

Kevin

I just bought it on amazon a few days ago.

From Amazon US or AU? Please send me a photo of the packing box to have a check.

Here are the images of the box.

IMG_0284

And this one.

Thanks. This one is fine with 24V input and the output is 24V as well.

It’s working well… Paired with ST fine with the instructions.

I tested on a smaller power supply, but I plan to run 8 of these controllers on larger 24v/15a power supplies… so I ordered some 2-wire to 5.5mm x 2.5mm barrel connectors. Instead of a power supply on each controller, I ran my wiring to a few different common areas so I can have fewer power supplies and multiple controllers.

Shadow moldings in common areas are getting just warm white (wW), movie theater will get RGBwW, and kids rooms will get RGBwW. This is a great product for much less than the fibaro and qubino controllers (I have tried them all).

Thanks Kevin

Hey Myke! So I’ve been in the same boat as your for the last four hours but I just discovered the problem! I thought it was all programming errors but it was actually hardware. Fortunately I’ve been using SUPERNIGHT LEDs for a few years now and I know how tricky they can be. Turns out the strips are all made incorrectly, the wires never match up to other controllers. Your software and programming are probably correct, it’s just the SUPERNIGHT hardware. So you just gotta play around with the wires until it lights up. Here’s the code I cracked…
Swap the Blue and Black.
Swap Red and Green.
Goodluck!

HI, can someone send me the device handler? No matter what i do to try and copy it from this page, it results in errors. email is deke.keyes@gmail.com thank you

I have a really weird problem with this controller. It seems most of by power supply don’t fit the power socket. What is the standard here? All my power supplies came and work with magichome wifi controllers, same goes for the extension cable I am using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDO4M14 but they do not fit the Nue 3A? Except one. I think the middle pin in 3A Nue is too thick. Is it a known issue? Thanks

Hi Finik,

The 12V DC plug for this controller should be 2.5mm x 5.5mm DC Plug . The link that you show me is 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC .Plug

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Deke,

You just need to select device Type - ZLL RGBW Bulb and Version: Published.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi 3asmarthome,

If you don’t mind, May I have a copy of your DEVICE HANDLERS for 3A Nue Strip RGBW
as In my device Handler not working.

My email is havenhomestay@gmail.com

Thank You Sir.

Hi,

You can just select device Type - ZLL RGBW Bulb, Version- Published.

In Addition, I will send you a copy the Device Handler as well from my office tomorrow.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thank You for your kind assistance

Regards

Thompson

Can you please explain the interaction between the RGB leds and the white ones with this handler? I am a bit confused. If I chose the temperature, does it override the color? And if I chose RED, does it override the temperature? Sometimes I see white LEDs are on when I ask for a specific color, sometimes they are off. How can I control these channels separately?

Hi Finik,

Through the SmartThings APP or Alexa, when you choose the temperature, it will override the color and it will override the white light when you choose RED. For voice control, it may relate with the SmartThing cloud interface with the Alexa or google home.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi there,

If you don’t mind, May I have a copy of your DEVICE HANDLERS for 3A Nue Strip RGBW
as I get errors when copy pasting.

My email is rpmcguigan@googlemail.com mo

Many thanks

Hi,

Did you get the device handler working? I’m copy and pasting with no luck. Any chance you could email me the code?

rpmcguigan@googlemail.com

Thanks