Using ecobee3 humidity sensor to trigger my humidifier?

@drew571 Thanks for the fast reply. I am assuming you are talking SPECIFICALLY about the basic ST app located in classic ST APP at Marketplace> Thermostats> ecobee3… is that correct? Also, I am wanting to do the OPPOSITE of what you did (using a DEHUMIDIFIER to lower humidity). Do you see any reason why your solution would not work for a dehumidifier?

i’m using the smartthings app from iOS store or on android at the google play store. should work completely fine with the humidifier, you’re just controlling the power outlet, not the humidifier itself.

to be clear. did you mean to say DEhumidifier?

@drew571 I have the ecobee3 linked to SThings as you suggested and have tried several ways (including routines and scenes) to get the ecobee3 humidity reading to switch on an external plug but have not been able to achieve that. Do I need a different smart app or routine??? I just can’t figure out how to do it. I would greatly appreciate it if you would walk me through how to do it it step by step… please? Your fast reply would be greatly appreciated. UPDATE 9 12 18 - Have not heard back about this but wanted to post the solution that I discovered to help anyone else trying to do this. It is as follows "I just got an ecobee3 and have been using the stock "ST “marketplace” smart app (found in the “climate control” section called “Humidity alert” to activate my “free standing” dehumidifier via a smart plug when ecobee humidity levels reach a certain point and turn off at another point. It has worked just fine. "