Use Buttons As PIN Input ("Security Keypad") e.g., Aeon Aeotec Minimote, ZWN-SC7 Enerwave 7 Button; trigger to Routines, lock/unlock, arm/disarm, mode, lights

Great hint, thanks!

The SmartApp already can call a phrase so… This should work with no modifications! (Except for any bugs preventing it from being configured in App V2)…

1 Like

I would love to have this option because it seems there is a long delay with my phone presence and presence tags disarming the smart home monitor. My doors unlock and my welcome lighting come on but the smart home monitor stays armed for a longer period. Thus when you open the door you get attacked with the siren and app notifications :frowning:

Love the sound of this app and I hope to use it with my Minimotes!

2 Likes

Any idea why my sequence options are blank? I’m usining a 4button minimote and would like to do a 4pin code.

What type of Phone?

I have some time carved out today or tomorrow to do some work on this SmartApp. A bunch (a LOT) of things have changed on the SmartThings side – they introduce “bugs” (incompatibilities with old SmartApps) far too often. Well… Buttons As PIN definitely needs some refreshing.

Stay tuned for an updated Beta to test. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hey, interested in getting this implemented on my end. After faffing around with the Zipato (BeNext) Keypad and having very little luck. I figured I’d opt for something that’s already running.

Any movements with the app?

+ @Myuncker, @JH1, @DRoss

Yup… I just pulled an all-nighter to debug a quirk in the SmartThings Platform that must have been introduced a few months ago. Funny thing is the old version worked just fine in the Simulator … just some “enum” related syntax did not work on Android (haven’t tested iOS … hope it works; but I’ll try tomorrow).

The current Version is now v0.1.4-beta (unstable).

This is a bug-fix release only. I have not yet added direct support for SHM (Smart Home Monitor: arm / disarm) … for now, you could just use the Call Routine option.

Here is the latest code for Beta testing:

1 Like

When I configure a PIN sequence, after I go in to verify it - it does seem to be retained. Therefore, I think, it doesn’t work or execute the action I specify.

Could you uninstall, reinstall, and capture Live Logging in a browser while you configure it and then while you are entering the PIN to trigger the action(s), please?

It will show each button press input and assembling the input to try to match the PIN, and, if matched, there will be diagnostic messages of what actions it is attempting to execute / call.

okay tomorrow I can, but I want to be clear - i configure a pin, then when I go back into the smartapp, the PIN is no longer configured.

Thanks… I’ll check this. Is it on iOS / iPhone or Android, please?

oh sorry, android.

20 char

OK…

I believe that even though you can’t see the PIN in the SmartApp configuration pages, the one you entered and saved with “Done” or “Install” is still valid.

I will check my Live Logs as well to confirm this. EDIT: Confirmed. The PIN still works even if not shown when you re-enter in the Config pages.

SmartThings has a lot of quirks in the SmartApp config pages (including different behaviors on iOS vs Android vs Windows vs the IDE Simulator…). So getting it to show the PIN when you re-enter the config may not be easy.

Security Feature! – Not bug…

I’m actually seriously going to consider that this is a feature of my SmartApp for security reasons … i.e., the SmartApp should never show anyone the PIN if they happen to get into the config pages, since maybe it is your ATM PIN or even just the PIN you are using for that particular Button Controller.

Live Logging currently only shows the PIN because I have a high detail of debugging enabled for Beta diagnostics.

Does anyone know of a way to do the exact opposite of this thread? I want to get 2 “Iris Home Automation Safe and Secure Kits” which are normally each $100. You get a keypad, 2 door/window sensors, and 1 motion sensor but right now it is 40% off so all that for just $60 is not bad at all…

The only thing is I have little to no use for the keypad personally and definitely no use at all for a second one. I was hoping instead of a keypad, I could use it as a remote were any one button triggers set of devices or a routine. Is this possible or better yet has it been done before because my coding skills are not all that refined…

1 Like

Would this be considered stable yet? Just wondering. I’m looking at employing and it looks like bugs are worked out.
Thoughts?

1 Like

Hi John,
Well… No unfixed bugs have been reported. I’m sure a list of features couple be added; maybe bring it in line with some other variations made to other bsse Button Controller SmartApps and/or add a companion Device Type Handler so that it has a GUI for some purpose…?

Regardless… Please put it to use! If you would prefer to have it in the integrated GitHub structure (so you can get updates without additional cooy/paste), let me know.

Thanks. I’ve loaded the code and enabled the app. Trying to use it to change home/away status but it doesn’t seem to change anything. I’ll keep toying with it some to trigger other things and see if I can stumble upon what I did wrong… haha

1 Like

Do keep me posted! I think that Location Mode change method; are you referring to SHM, though? I’m less certain about that as I’m not an SHM fan.

Is there any further development on this? Also, I’d love a GitHub integration just in case. :slight_smile:

It’s stalled because there’s not been a lot of interest shown.

When I get a chance, I’ll put it in the correct GitHub integration format as open source, so folks are welcome to Fork it and bring it up to date with the features of their choice.

That’d be awesome, thanks! I was looking for something like this.