Urgent help regarding thermostat

@smart, not sure myself. It doesn’t appear to be the same (display looks slightly different). Just clicking around here there seems to be evidence that it works with ST and that it’s made by the same company as the CT100. Again, just from clicking around a bit, it looks like Iris is z-wave which means it should work fine. I didn’t find it on the Z-wave alliance certified products list . . not sure how significant that is.

Buy one. Put batteries in it. See if you can get it to pair and work. If it doesn’t, take it back.

@jody.albritton so i ordered the ecobee 3 for the AC thermostat and expecting it on Thursday evening (luckily had some Amazon gift cards)… Let’s see if the HVAC guys can do the C wire PEK thing or I am lucky enough to have an extra wire which can be repurposed as a C. Thanks again…

Has this happened to anybody where emergency heat kicked in for some weird reason on the CT100 and in the Z-Wave thermostat on my app, my set point is set to 65. I can see that the heat has gone up to 74. I set the mode to off from the app but looks like its not helping.

Will check whats going on when I get home. This is weird. It has been working perfectly fine till I left work this morning and something in the log shows “Family Room Thermostat thermostat mode is emergency heat” at 10:10 AM.

Ron did you end up trying out the 101 vs 100? I’m about to go to Lowes and get one and just want to know if I call it a 100 and it works just the same if you have experience let me know. I’ll search a little more too.

No experience with CT101 which I assume is the Lowes branded CT100. No issues with CT100 this second year winter and using the stock ST device type.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll give it a try.