Upgrading my DTH to work after the migration

So I made a device handler to operate my garage door opener using a Particle Argon, a magnetic switch to tell me if it was open or closed, which would then update the graphics in the Smartthings app, but after the update, those graphics are gone, sigh. Now the app only shows the Garage Door Opener Device as a set of contacts, and not as an actual switch. Then it appears that Particle changed the way to get an access token to put into SmartThings to allow them to talk to one another. Below is what you see when you open up the device in iOS smartthings.

What would I need to edit to allow me to control my garage door again?
Thank you for your help.

Here is what my groovy code looks like and my github

/*
 *  GarageControl
 *  Copyright 2018 by Jared Shearer
 *  This SmartThings device handler integrates a Particle (Photon in my case) with a Relay Shield with SmartThings
 *	to open and monitor the state of garage doors.
 *  A WebCoRE piston calls the refresh() function to update the door statuses in SmartThings when a state change 
 *  is published from the Particle Sketch.
 * Edited 1/1/19 by Nick Cerda
 * Commented out extra lines referring to opening doors 2 and 3, and the section for open all, making this more 
 * for those of us with one garage door. 
*/

preferences {
    input name: "deviceId", type: "text", title: "Device ID", required: true      // Photon device ID from build.particle.io (you'll put this in the settings) 
    input name: "token", type: "password", title: "Access Token", required: true  // Photon super secret access token you get from build.particle.io
    input name: "g1Status", type: "text", title: "Garage 1 Status Variable Name", required: true, defaultValue: "g1Status"  // These three lines define the name of the variable
 //    input name: "g2Status", type: "text", title: "Garage 2 Status Variable Name", required: true, defaultValue: "g2Status"  // that you're looking for from your Particle
    // input name: "g3Status", type: "text", title: "Garage 3 Status Variable Name", required: true, defaultValue: "g3Status"  // sketch.
    }

metadata {
    definition (name: "GarageControl", namespace: "jaredshearer", author: "Jared Shearer") {
        capability "Garage Door Control"
        // capability "actuator"
        capability "contact sensor"
        capability "Switch"
        capability "Polling"
        capability "Sensor"
        capability "Refresh"

attribute "g1Status", "string"  // Defines a container to hold the state of your garage door
 //        attribute "g2Status", "string"
 //        attribute "g3Status", "string"

command "garage1"  // Defines a command to trigger the garage door we want opened
 //		command "garage2"
 //		command "garage3"
        command "open"
        command "close"
    }

tiles(scale: 2) {
    	// Defines tiles that will appear on the device page
   		standardTile("g1Status", "device.g1Status", width: 6, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
				state "Closed", label: "Closed", action: "garage1", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-closed", backgroundColor: "#83ED5B"
				state "Open", label: "Open", action: "garage1", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-open", backgroundColor: "#FF5733"
		}
 //    	standardTile("g2Status", "device.g2Status", width: 6, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
 //				state "Closed", label: "Middle", action: "garage2", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-closed", backgroundColor: "#83ED5B"
 //				state "Open", label: "Middle", action: "garage2", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-open", backgroundColor: "#FF5733"
 //		}
 //        standardTile("g3Status", "device.g3Status", width: 6, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
 //				state "Closed", label: "Right", action: "garage3", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-closed", backgroundColor: "#83ED5B"
 //				state "Open", label: "Right", action: "garage3", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-open", backgroundColor: "#FF5733"
 //		}

//        standardTile("open", "device.open", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
 //				state "Closed", label: "OPEN", action: "open", icon: "", backgroundColor: "#BABFC6"
 //				state "Open", label: "OPEN", action: "open", icon: "", backgroundColor: "#BABFC6"
 //		}
 //        standardTile("close", "device.close", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
 //				state "Closed", label: "CLOSE", action: "close", icon: "", backgroundColor: "#BABFC6"
 //				state "Open", label: "CLOSE", action: "close", icon: "", backgroundColor: "#BABFC6"
 //		}
        standardTile("refresh", "device.refresh", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat", width: 2, height: 2) {
            state "default", action:"refresh.refresh", icon:"st.secondary.refresh"
        }

main (["g1Status"])  // This is the tile that will show up on the device's preview.  It's my right garage door in this case.
    }

}

// create a new attribute called garagestatus
def updated() {
	initialize()  // I have no idea what this calls.  It isn't in this DH!
    log.debug "Updated !"
    state.g1Status = 1
 //    state.g2Status = 1
 //    state.g3Status = 1
    log.debug "device.g1Status: ${device.g1Status}"
 //    log.debug "device.g2Status: ${device.g2Status}"
 //    log.debug "device.g3Status: ${device.g3Status}"
}

def poll() {  // Polls for the status of the garage doors
    log.debug "Executing 'poll'"
    getStatus1()
 //    getStatus2()
 //    getStatus3()
}

def refresh() {  // Calls the garage status functions to refresh them upon refresh button press
    log.debug "Executing 'refresh'"
    getStatus1()
 //    getStatus2()
 //    getStatus3()
}

def garage1() {  // This is what happens when tile g1Status is pushed.
	log.debug "Executing 'garage1'"
	put '1'  // Calls put(GarageRelay) and sends it a "1" which tells the Particle sketch to run GarageRelay with command == 1
}

//def garage2() {  // This is what happens when tile g2Status is pushed.
 //	log.debug "Executing 'garage2'"
 //	put '2'
 //}

//def garage3() {  // This is what happens when tile g3Status is pushed.
 //	log.debug "Executing 'garage3'"
 //	put '3'
 //}

//def openAll() {  // This is what happens when tile openAll is pushed.
 //	log.debug "Executing 'openAll'"
 //	put 'openAll'
 //}

//def closeAll() {  // This is what happens when tile closeAll is pushed.
 //	log.debug "Executing 'closeAll'"
 //	put 'closeAll'
 //}

// no clue what this does or if its needed
def parse(String description) {
    def pair = description.split(":")

createEvent(name: pair[0].trim(), value: pair[1].trim())
}

// How we pull the garage status from Particle
private getStatus1() {
    def closure = { response ->
        log.debug "request was successful, $response.data"

sendEvent(name: "g1Status", value: response.data.result)
    }

httpGet("https://api.particle.io/v1/devices/${deviceId}/${g1Status}?access_token=${token}", closure)
}

// How we push commands from the device handler to the Particle
private put(GarageRelay) {
	log.debug "sending post";
		httpPost(
			uri: "https://api.particle.io/v1/devices/${deviceId}/GarageRelay",
	        body: [access_token: token, command: GarageRelay],  
		) {response -> log.debug (response.data)}
	log.debug "post sent";
    }

You’ll want to start modifying your DTH to work with the new app and your custom capabilities/tiles:

You’ve included a bunch of capabilities in your DTH but I don’t see where you’re actually using them. For example, you’re using ‘g1status’ where the Garage Door Control capability expects ‘door’ and your command is ‘garage1’ when the capability expects ‘open’ and ‘close’. The new app display is based on capabilities, and you should be able to run a garage door control just using stock capabilities and not needing to use any custom capabilities. Check out the page below, and adjust your code so that the device attributes and commands match the capabilities that you’re using.

https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/docs/api-ref/capabilities.html

1 Like

Thank you. I will check it out. The code is clunky and these stock capabilities should clean it up some.