Updates to the SmartThings Platform

Many users are reporting automation and device control issues…. Report it to ST support

3 Likes

Today all my “local” zigbee devices are OFFLINE. Cloud zigbee devices are ONLINE, however none Zigbee devices can be controlled. Z-wave works normal. Rebooted and restarted v2 hub, but nothing works. I can’t even add any devices anymore.

2 Likes

Yes, re-adding devices is also not working. I tried deleting and re-adding one of my devices to see if I could get things working again and I was able to delete but cannot re-add. SmartThings support needs to get involved.

1 Like

Add me to the growing list of people who are having issues with the new IOS app today. Control from Alexa and android devices have been fine. Are these apps tested before being pushed out. Or are we the testers? I’m not trying to be a smart@ss, I’m really curious what Samsungs testing procedure is before they push out updates.

I submitted a ticket. Everyone with problems should!

2 Likes

I just started with ST two weeks ago. Bought a v3 hub, motion detectors and multipurpose sensors. I setup a few automations and all was working until this update. Now nothing works and the sensor status doesn’t change. Reinstalled the app, power cycled hub and sensors. Nothing works

Seems like SmartThings support is closed. My guess is that we will see no change in any of this till sometime tomorrow at the earliest.

I have tried rebooting the hub, unplugged for about 20 minutes. Changed the channel, and changed back. Nothing is working. Issues only began after the latest update. Echo isn’t able to control these devices either. Have also deleted and reinstalled iOS app.

Same here. Not all, but some smart lighting have not worked today as usually. Some will execute but several minutes later. I also have a couple of zigbee devices updating 10 or 20 minutes after action, i.e. like a door sensor open or close.

I am guessing it has something todo with the cloud.

2 Likes

@blake.arnold One thing I did notice is that all my Zigbee devices are coming back Online in IDE, if they are part of SmartLight automations.
If I create SmartLight on/off automation that is triggered by z-wave switch, or contact sensor, and they will start working on/off. However, still they are not controllable by app on/off buttons, but they will show up as Online in IDE.

2 Likes

I had this issue for some time this afternoon. I’ve got one motion sensor that triggers lights that failed to come on. Seems to be ok now.

After resetting some lights , unnecessarily it seems, it mostly seems to be working again. Had to do the uninstall app and then after re installing app to bring back my devices I had to restart the hub again to bring back all my zigbee only devices. All Z wave devices never seemed to have any problem.

My iPhone auto updated to the new app yesterday morning and since then everything has been broken - automations, smart lighting, can’t add devices. I’ve tried rebooting hub, leaving it off for hours, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Nothing works. I can’t even control any of my devices from the app.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of those whose SmartThings system has been completely screwed up with this update. Iphone 12. Have about a dozen Leviton Z-wave dimmers and switches, z-wave smart lock, etc… Everything worked perfectly before this update… now almost everything is broken. Most devices can’t connect. Can’t add new devices to the hub.
Have done the obvious troubleshooting things, looks like it’s just flat broken…
I’ve started a ticket with support. Any suggestions? HELP?!
THANKS!

Samsung had issues…apparently resolved… fix after they resolved things for me was to uninstall app from iPhone… then re install app, login again… THEN restart HUB.

1 Like

My iPhone req’d logout/uninstall/reinstall for functionality to resume. Not happy with status update response. Nowhere near as instant as previous versions. Also battery status of some devices still keep showing zero despite new batteries. My SmartThings experience has steadily degraded post classic app.

3 Likes

Same thing here on Android, but yesterday afternoon things went back to normal. I called customer service yesterday morning and when she said to start deleting unresponsive devices and to add back, I politely ended the call and then pulled a log to send via the web. I’m not sure why the phone support is so elementary and usually wrong. Their scripting is bad.

1 Like

How can this company continually roll out “new and improved” changes in their app that consistently break things? Does anyone even test these before the rollout. Everyone having the same issues. None of my devices connect. It is literally unbelievable.

5 Likes

I really like the update - a very well thought out experience for what I care about the most.

My first thought and piece of feedback would be to expand my ability to edit/control the “Show Status Information” section. Right now, I have a couple of cameras that are offline through Arlo (intentionally as I have them disconnected). I wish I could “disable” the notifications for specific issues in this section so that it scrolls through updated notices that might be relevant. Right now, I don’t get to see the temperature, monitoring status or other battery notifications because my cameras are offline.

Otherwise - nicely done 1st step!

Also - the app is SO MUCH FASTER than the previous version. Device status is almost instantaneous and that is almost on par with the Android version of the App.

6 Likes

None of my devices connect. It is hard to even navigate the forum to find a resolution. :frowning: