Updates to the SmartThings Platform

i didnt really have many since i use webcore, but the few simulated switch automations i do have are working.

however, i cant add or edit them properly because i cant include devices in my automations for some reason

Hey @blake.arnold any update on this ?

It has been 5 months since your past responce on this. Is it nearing release?

10 Likes

Besides the obvious of being able to control what devices alexa has access to, I also want the use of virtual (not simulated) switches to be able to trigger Alexa routines back!

True “Switch” only devices have never been able to trigger an Alexa Routine. Only Contact Sensors, Motions Sensors, and maybe Lock devices are able to be used as Triggers for Alexa Routines. This is an Amazon Alexa limitation.

In the past, users have utilized special, custom DTH’s that implement both the Switch Capability, as well as the Contact Sensor Capability in one device handler. This allows ST Automations to control the virtual device as a Switch, which then can trigger the Alexa Routine as a Contact Sensor.

3 Likes

Linked Services no longer shows in the settings menu in my app.

Mine disappeared, i shut down yhe apl and came back 30 minutes later and it returned.

This is another indication of a terrible architecture/implementation in the “new” app.

3 Likes

They have different priorities, currently working hard to replace the “L” icon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Lol! Yes i know :grin: Although not much, i am eagerly awaiting for tomorrow

1 Like

I admire your enthusiasm. I really hope you’re not disappointed

1 Like

I am pretty sure i will be

5 Likes

Is there even going to be an announcement today? It looks like the original tweet has been deleted

2 Likes

Looks like it’s been delayed, unfortunately.

well thats absolutely nooooooooooooooo surprise at all. actuallyyyyyyyyy starting to be the norm these dayssssssssss

1 Like

Anything to do with the Notice that posted to the ST app today? I checked for an app update (no dice) since all the functionality this post covers isn’t currently available.

What good is a new u.i
 if the shit dont work
 not unless they use it as art for the Samsung picture tv.

4 Likes

support Samsung Galaxy Store.

No notice yet here (USA) and no update as well.

Perhaps this week, then?

But yes: while the UI fixes are appreciated, it’s the back-end that is seemingly still waiting on major features as we approach H2 of 2021.

WTF, it looks like they are removing “rooms” (folders of devices)???

How does Samsung expect their best customers to manage 50+ devices without any way to organize them??? Major-major screwup by Samsung if true, yet such an easy thing for them to have fixed before introducing their latest damage to the platform.

They aren’t removing rooms.

3 Likes