Updates to the SmartThings Platform

Ok, finally dove in and made the migration. I had held off from switching to a Samsung account (why fix it if it ain’t broke hint hint) so the migration banner was blocked. . .thought I was just lucky. . . .until I started getting the emails. Anyway, there are now like 3+ gigantic threads with people talking about the migration. Any suggestion on which one is best to dive in on? I have been casually watching this one Get ready to make the switch! so am aware of a lot of the issues, but now need to actually mine through them as I thought I still had plenty of time. I am a pretty heavy Webcore & simulated/virtual device user if that helps frame it.

One specific issue I am trying to address first is that I previously used Virtual Presence sensors to indicate we were home (4, 1 for each family member) and Webcore would update those and adjust Location Mode and STH status. I went that route since presence was so unreliable I wanted an easy way to toggle. Now I can see none of those sensors in the new app. I see one did migrate that was not tied to a specific person (toggled on when guests were over), but from what I can see in the IDE, they are all setup the same. As I understand it, even if I can get them to show up, I can’t toggle them any more, so is the best equivalent path to change them all to switches anyway and just remove the old Simulated Presence Sensors?

Lots of other problems, but getting my home/away working and tied in with STHM is my first goal so all the Webcore things tied to that keep working.

So far a poor experience and a poor use of my time.