Updates to the SmartThings Platform

“Tomorrow.”

1 Like

Remember when Google’s motto was “Don’t be Evil”?

4 Likes

Apologies if this has been answered, but will we loose Webcore integration when we loose the groovy IDE?

That is correct… webcore is groovy based and will cease when groovy is shut down.

Alternatives are to use Automations/Scenes and/or Rules API

2 Likes

Thanks.

So we know the exact date that’s going to happen and what is the rules API?

Thanks again

No exact date has been given at this point. Most of us believe it could occur by the end of this year but who knows, it may drag out.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check that out.

Well that sucks. It’s how we trigger Lifx scenes from ST! Any workarounds?

What is the “it” you are referring to that is being deprecated? webCore, maybe? If so, look at SharpTools Rule Engine as a replacement. It’s not quite as robust as webCore, but unless your pistons are unusually complex, it will work just fine.

2 Likes

I also use webCoRE to trigger life X scenes. Another alternative maybe Ifttt when Webcor is no longer available.

Sorry @Bry, yes, webCore. I don’t know anything about SharpTools Rule Engine. Is that 3rd party? Smarthings?

1 Like
3 Likes

Are you triggering them via an API call or something?

1 Like

Yes. @ ady (can’t find his username- doesn’t populate like it used to) set it up that way.

Adrian no longer works at SmartThings. When he left, his community account disapeared.

2 Likes

I was afraid of that. Does anybody know where he went?

Chewy I believe

3 Likes

Try this new edge driver to post API calls

6 Likes

Wait, like Chewy the online pet store? That seems an odd transition, but bummer to see him go either way.

1 Like

Chewy is a very technology forward company - a lot of people point at how they do some of thier processes as good examples. They are also very much into building a mobile first storefront (first class handheld app experience). They’re pretty heavily invested in AWS/Google cloud and then Airship to help build the client side. Im not suprised in the least. Good for him.

2 Likes