[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

@infofiend

Thanks for your reply - The issue with the lack of update (Heartbeat) is also present when utilising the Hue App… The sensor latency i can live with.

Is this an issue others experience? - All of the HBS features work, it appears only the status changes from outside of HBS are detected at the 5 min discovery interval (Hue App, Hue Switch/Dimmmer, Hue scheduled task etc).

Thanks

That’s correct - any changes to light state that was initiated by a device or app that connects to the Philips Hue Hub directly (meaning not through the SmartThings Hub) will only show up in HBS (or any part of SmartThings) when that information is asked for. So in order to get immediate updates of the light states, you need to have your motion sensors connected to SmartThings hub. I don’t believe that you can do that with Philips’ motion sensors, dimmers, or app.

@tmleafs: Since the original Hue drivers support local processing now, would it be possible for you to look into getting that work for this driver too, please? (Source: FAQ: CONFIRMED: Local Processing - Working Device Handlers)

No custom Smartapp or Device Handler will work local.

Oh, that’s unfortunate :frowning:
Thanks for clarifying though.

What I’ve had to do:

Say, I want the lights to turn on over 20 mins to a dark blue hue… What I do is address the hue bridge with a json put web request in webcore, then 3 seconds after that is completed, I do a refresh command on the same piston.

That tells SmartThings that the particular hue is actually on.

I’ve had to do it for a few of my pistons and it works extremely well.

Help! I completely did a reinstall of HBS and now my lights are not showing when the HBS app is searching lights in my smartthings app

I got it working but now the lights take over 5 minutes to activate any suggestions

I have installed the smart app and device handlers (Tried version 1.5 and 1.6). The app finds the bridge with no issue. When I begin the search for devices I get an error in the log for the bridge.

c3f136fb-8717-4714-b5b4-de26f0e246be 8:42:44 AM: error groovy.json.JsonException: Expected a value on line: 1, column: 44576.
But got an unterminated object. @line 233 (parse)
c3f136fb-8717-4714-b5b4-de26f0e246be 8:42:35 AM: debug *********** “USERNAME” ********
c3f136fb-8717-4714-b5b4-de26f0e246be 8:42:35 AM: debug *********** XX.XX.XX.XX:80 ********
c3f136fb-8717-4714-b5b4-de26f0e246be 8:42:35 AM: debug Initialize Bridge [ip:XX.XX.XX.XX, username:“USERNAME”, deviceId:“DEVICEID”]
c3f136fb-8717-4714-b5b4-de26f0e246be 8:42:35 AM: trace Bridge discovering all items on Hue hub.

Any ideas why I cant discover any devices? @tmleafs

I had 2 hue smart apps in my smart thing ide . One in as I login and another in my locations tab then smart apps sub Link I had a app there . I deleted the one and it worked. However, my lights can take over 20 minutes to activate. They are sometime quick, sometime very long , or not at all to turn on.

Hi @tmleafs,

Thanks for the great smartapp and DHs. I have setup the lights and hub. They are working well except for group brightness control where I have only CT bulbs. Individually, the bulbs respond to brightness control but under the group DH, the brightness slider fail to update. I looked through the codes and tried different combinations of DH etc but nothing seems to help. Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I’m having the same problem I can’t access scenes/bulbs/groups when I go into the bridge in the app, I’m only seeing a greyed-out option to delete the bridge. The bridge IP address on the HBS app and iOS philips hue app is the same, any thoughts what the issue is?

@tmleafs

We’re you going to start updating and fixing this? I’m trying to learn some more grovvy, so, if you need help, let me know.

What you trying to add/fix?

The colors that actually went on when you ask webCoRE to change colors

Need to explain this in more detail

Ok. I am sorry. I had a very busy week and couldn’t go into detail.

As of right now, I have a couple webcore pistons that are supposed to flash the lights blue, white, blue, white when the washer or dryer are done…

The flash on webcore is just not working.

I’ve resorted to calling the API myself to do this. Matter of fact, most of the things for webcore that are supposed to work, don’t. Still have to use the API.

It’s not for the matter of the fact I didn’t try. I did. I just can’t have it going half-assed and stopping at 50% when it’s supposed to be 8% in the middle of the night. Or, stopping at red when it’s supposed to be a very dark blue.

I hope this is a better description for you. Thanks for your help.

If you want a piston, I am sure I could make one that replicates this behavior.

@tmleafs

Within the past couple days, it seems that my Hue hub isn’t being found in the SmartThings hub.

It won’t refresh items and find new devices

11:25:06 AM: error java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer @line 239 (parse)

That’s the only error from the device handler

And it just sticks at this screen.

More errors for the SmartApp instead of the device handler:

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:09 AM: errorunknown response: [data:[errorcode:44, message:Malformed dni], status:error]

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:09 AM: errorunknown response: {content-length=68, connection=close, http/1.1 400 bad request=null, x-st-version=1.5.11, content-type=application/json, date=Fri, 07 Sep 2018 18:53:08 GMT, server=Video-Core, x-st-application=Video-Core}

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:09 AM: errorunknown response: [data:[errorcode:44, message:Malformed dni], status:error]

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:09 AM: errorunknown response: {content-length=68, connection=close, http/1.1 400 bad request=null, x-st-version=1.5.11, content-type=application/json, date=Fri, 07 Sep 2018 18:53:08 GMT, server=Video-Core, x-st-application=Video-Core}

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:08 AM: errorunknown response: [data:[errorcode:44, message:Malformed dni], status:error]

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:53:08 AM: errorunknown response: {content-length=68, connection=close, http/1.1 400 bad request=null, x-st-version=1.5.11, content-type=application/json, date=Fri, 07 Sep 2018 18:53:08 GMT, server=Video-Core, x-st-application=Video-Core}

7b7e67a9-cee6-4dc4-9a7b-f58dbb512f5e 11:58:42 AM: warnBridge Discovery Sent - Version is 1.6