[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

Is there a way to use this without having to delete all the hue lights I currently have setup? I have some pretty extensive automations already created and it would be a huge pain to have to redo them all. If there is a way around it I would be all ears!

im afraid not

Good news thanks to @foz_turner I have been able to fix the install problem that some people have been having, the app will be updated on github tomorrow

3 Likes

:rofl: Do you have any hair left?

Does this go all the way back to when you took this SA over? Big props for sticking with it and fixing it. Almost thinking it would have been quicker if you had rebuilt it from the ground up, your way :slight_smile:

HUE B SMART UPDATE 1.5
PLEASE TEST MY CODE I haven’t released the fix for the install to the master branch yet as I don’t want to break everyone’s Hue B Smart setup, So I have made a 1.5 branch on github (link is below) for any one that wants to test for me, Please note My house is currently working with 2 Hue bridges installed, When I get home I will test adding my test hub.

Updated Version 1.5 TESTING https://github.com/tmleafs/Hue_B_Smart/tree/tmleafs-1.5
1.5 Fixed Install issue for some users
1.5 Removed Non-Working Quick Fixes from App & DH’s
1.5 Removed Non-Working Schedules from App & DH’s
1.5 Added Light Capability to all Light DH’s

Thanks to @foz_turner for allowing me IDE access to be able to fix the install issue

NOTE: It is not required, nor necessary to donate to use this SmartApp. This is a free open source software, That I have taken over development as no one else did. But if you feel like it, you can donate here.

1 Like

This is lovely and so much better than the built in SmartLights app. Can actually have lights turn on / off in sync now! Edit: I don’t suppose you have venmo or square cash for receiving donations ? PayPal and I don’t get along

Those both seem to be US only services :frowning_face:

After several failed tries and reverting back to stock HUE app because it was impossible to find my bridge in ‘Hue B Smart’ app (due to “previously found bridge” error in logs), I tried the 1.5 branch and this finally works for me too. Thanks a lot, as this is much easier and efficient way of working with lights automatisations.
I have a “hub v2, UK customer” hardware, currently on 000.019.00020 firmware.

1 Like

HUE B SMART UPDATE 1.6
PLEASE TEST MY CODE I haven’t released the fix for the install to the master branch yet as I don’t want to break everyone’s Hue B Smart setup, So I have made a 1.5 branch on github (link is below) for any one that wants to test for me, Please note My house is currently working with 2 Hue bridges installed

Updated Version 1.6 TESTING https://github.com/tmleafs/Hue_B_Smart/tree/tmleafs-1.5

• You can now turn off debugging for the SmartApp
  • The IDE Logs have been made more pretty for when they are on (Now uses trace, info, warn and error)

This is currently in the 1.5 branch, I plan to do some testing tonight and hopefully this will merge this into the master

NOTE: It is not required, nor necessary to donate to use this SmartApp. This is a free open source software, That I have taken over development as no one else did. But if you feel like it, you can donate here.

Please advise when stable

its stable the only thing that needs to be tested is adding another bridge with a bridge already installed in Hue B Smart this only affects a small amount of users, I have 2 due to the old limitation of the amount of hue dimmers you could have per bridge & and third for testing this app. But fresh installs are fine

What about upgrading from 1.4? Haven’t had any issues with my 1 bridge thus far

I have three bridges, but they are all already on hue b smart. Should I wait to upgrade? Or should it be fine?

I will be updating the master before midnight GMT

1 Like

Master updated to 1.6

Updated Version 1.5 & 1.6 28th January 2018

• Fixed Install issue for some users
  • Removed Non-Working Quick Fixes from App & DH’s
  • Removed Non-Working Schedules from App & DH’s
  • Added Light Capability to all Light DH’s
  • You can now turn off debugging for the SmartApp
  • The IDE Logs have been made more pretty for when they are on (Now uses trace, info, warn and error)

1 Like

Hi
I just tried to link my bridge but still geting error:

> 18:53:48: error grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():
> - Field error in object 'physicalgraph.device.Device' on field 'deviceNetworkId': rejected value [00178849B6FD]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,00178849B6FD]; default message [{0} must be unique]

Any ideas whats I’m doing wrong?

Never seen anything like that before! Have your removed all official hue devices and app from ST?

If you have can you post more of the log

1 Like

Thanks for help, I did not removed official app, after removing it everything is working fine

1 Like

good to hear enjoy

Hey - the “last update” in the code that I have is 11/28/2017. Is that accurate?

SmartApp:

• Last Updated : 11/28/2017
  • SmartApp version: 2.0.3*
  • Door device version: 2.1.2*
  • Door-no-sensor device version: 1.1.1*
  • Light device version: 1.0.1*