[UPDATED] Osram Lightify RGBW A19/BR30 US version (HA) DTH

osram
dth_lighting

i’ve added custom code to my dashboard before but for some reason when i go to

my smartapps
new smartapp
from code - then paste the raw code

i get the following error:

No signature of method: script1500079830306461706260.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1500079830306461706260$_run_closure1) values: [script1500079830306461706260$_run_closure1@5f2ec581] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

any idea what i’m doing wrong?

(Augustin) #67

This is not a smartapp. Is the DH.

(GregR) #68

This DH is amazing solved a lot of my issues. Have any of you guys found a SmartApp that works with his handler, looking for the easiest way to set all the lights to run the color loop at once for example.

CoRE or webCoRe

Is there a way to group lights together so the color loop function and be synced?

(Jared) #71

(Andrew Caudle) #72

Is there a way to decrease the minimum brightness level on the A19 bulb, or is that a hardware limitation. At 1% this bulb doesn’t get near as dark as my Hue RGBW bulbs.

(Chris) #73

I have this downloaded and installed. When I am in the app how do I set the color loop for my bulbs? I press color loop but nothing happens. I am new to this so thank you in advance.

(George) #74

Sorry. Hardware limitation.

(George) #75

Does everything else work?

(Justin Stroud) #76

I’m looking for this as well.

(Chris) #77

Thank you forngerting back.
Yes everything else works. I did figure out how to get the loop to work. My
follow up is can you define the colors for the loop or does it have to be
the full color spectrum (which is how it cycles now). Can I set the loop
to be the default when the lighr turns on.

Regards
Chris Puglisi

(Justn ) #79

This is amazing. Thank you! My daughter will love it, just picked up a strip for her room from the Lowe’s sale

Thanks for this. I’m wondering if I’m seeing things properly: the color loop is a bit jagged in spots. There’s a big jump between pink and orange, and a spot near the blue transition that suddenly jumps to a light blue. Is there anything that can be done to smooth it out?

(George) #82

Hi. The color loop uses a built-in zigbee command – it is fully dependent on the bulb to carry it out.

See if setting the color loop rate (under settings) to “1” helps.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for creating this DTH.

Second, will the color loop work with SYLVANIA Smart BR30 Tunable White bulbs (the non-RGBW)? I should say, how can i program it to work with just tuning between 2000K to 6000K, and not RGB?

Thank you

(George) #84

In this DTH, color loop is implemented using Move Hue zigbee command. There isn’t an equivalent Move Color Temperature command, only a Move To Color Temperature.

You can simulate a color temperature loop by using Move To Color Temperature with a long transition time, capturing the color temperature message. When 2000K is achieved, you would need to issues a Move To Color Temperature to 6000K and vice versa. (That’s how the Pulse feature is implemented. When level is 5%, the DTH asks for level to be set to 99% and vice versa.) It may or may not work. I was surprised that the Pulse feature ended up working.

It is awesome DTH,
so far I only have one problem, I like to use color loop function.
When I try it on single device, only 50% chance it works, 50% it will stuck on blue.

When I combine 6 bulbs, then it just turn yello/orange, and stay there forever.

Here is my piston

I’ve experienced the same behavior. Add a wait (5 or 10 seconds) after your initial loopOn() followed by another loopOn(). That seems to address it for me.

I’d like to sync up multiple bulbs without resorting to CoRE. Using a SmartApp, I have all the color/colortemp, level, on/off features working except the looping, pulse, and blink. I am doing this by subscribing to events from one light, and passing the values on to the others.

Is there a way to send the loopOn() command from a smartApp? or is that impossible because it is not part of any compatibility set?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m a novice with this stuff.