[UPDATED] Osram Lightify RGBW A19/BR30 US version (HA) DTH

Great stuff George! That’s how they implemented the color loop on the US HA bulbs!

The European ZLL versions of these can use the extended ZLL commands including the dedicated colorLoop mode.

1 Like

This is awesome…finally a DTH that actually is made for the Osram A19 RGBW! Thank you!

FYI, I also have a LIGHTIFY tape strip under my TV (and soon to be few sets under kitchen cabinets) which works great with this DTH. I haven’t tried it on the gardenspots but anticipating it will not work due to RGB only LED’s.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using the loopOn or loopOff commands with CoRE? I can’t get a piston to initiate loopOn.

Good work! Doesn’t appear to work with the Osram RGBW can lights, though.

EDIT: I take it back. After updating the firmware in the bulbs (RT56 RGBW 65 01) to the latest version (01020492), they seem to work just fine with this DTH. Even better work! :wink:

1 Like

Hi there! I’m new to ST and was just pointed to this DTH - I love it! I’m hoping you guys can clarify a couple things:

• I read that ST can control 3 variables for RGBW lights: Hue, Saturation and Level. Each one is a value from 0 to 100. I this still correct?
  • The Hue slider in this DTH goes from 0 to 360 - I also found a list of common colors and the colors only go up to 100. Are we using a different scale here, or why the 360?
  • The Saturation is displayed, but not something I can control. Is that a bug, or am I missing something?
  • Is there a DTH for GardenSpot lights? They only have the RGB LEDs, white is missing.

PS. Is there any way to set a default color/brightness for when the bulb loses power? The Lightify app (paired with the OSRAM hub) has this option.

Thanks!!!

This DTH for the gardenspots is the one that a lot of people use.

1 Like

Hi. Glad you’ve found the DTH to be useful.

• I read that ST can control 3 variables for RGBW lights: Hue, Saturation and Level. Each one is a value from 0 to 100. I this still correct?
    Correct – use the level slider for 1-100 (0 is off)

• The Hue slider in this DTH goes from 0 to 360 - I also found a list of common colors and the colors only go up to 100. Are we using a different scale here, or why the 360?
    See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV for explanation of why I chose to use 360

• The Saturation is displayed, but not something I can control. Is that a bug, or am I missing something?
    I did not implement a saturation slider, since I did not find that using saturation other than 100 is useful. However, one can use the color picker to choose a color with saturation other than 100

1 Like

Wow this is great. Have 3 sets of RGBW flex strips color looping. Any chance these light strips can be grouped to allow synchronization of colors.

I believe there is a color binder. I can’t remember but a search for it might come up. I’m watching the Superbowl or I would.

Any chance these light strips can be grouped to allow synchronization of colors.

Use CoRE.

Thanks! I have CoRE loaded just not yet versed. Time to read up and figure my way.

@gkl_sf
George,
FYI, I slightly modified the DTH code to make the daylight preset produce a 4k temp instead of 6500 which seemed too blue in my personal experience.
I was curious, are there any other available commands for the OSRAM bulbs? Such as fade in/out?

The US version uses the HA command set, and there’s not much else there. The EU version uses ZLL and there are a few more features.
http://www.zigbee.org/non-menu-pages/zigbee-cluster-library-specification-download/

In re fade in/out – you mean like the pulse feature? Otherwise can certainly send a specific command using the ST helper

zigbee.setLevel(value,duration)

Your DTH already has the pulse function, I meant something similar to a wake up routine that ramps 0-100 in X time or opposite. It’s certainly not critical, was just more curious if there was anything else. I know there are a bunch of other apps that could do it separately (CoRE or Dim with me, etc)

Awesome!!! works like a charm on my garden spots.
Is there anything like this DH for HUE bulbs?
Effects inside the handler “me like”

@gkl_sf, The Osram Lightify Hub provides a way to setup the default startup color (after a physical switch on/off event) for a BR30/A19 bulb. I dont see it being available on ST’s default handler. Is that available in your DTH? If not, any way it can be added? Thanks in advance.

Yes, though as you’ve no doubt discovered those settings are lost when you reset the bulb in order to (re)pair it with ST. I agree that adding the ability to set that in ST would be a win. Seconding your request.

1 Like

@gkl_sf
I have been playing around with the DTH trying to see if I can set the default values. I am able to successfully set the startup default color to Daylight (my preferred 5000K) for 4 bulbs, but when I am trying to set it for 2 more, I havent been able to replicate the same. While I am trying to debug, I noticed that there are few warning messages in the log:

Received invalid data for type. AttrId: 0x0000, Type: 20, Value: ff
Parse description read attr - raw: 091103000808000020FF, dni: 0911, endpoint: 03, cluster: 0008, size: 08, attrId: 0000, encoding: 20, value: ff

I am not sure at this point in time if that is causing an issue or not, but I thought I could see if you have any insight into this error. This happens only when restarting from the switch. I tried to remove and re-add the bulbs but the issue remained, Don’t see the same with the other bulbs. Any help would be appreciated.

Update:

I reset the 2 bulbs I was having trouble with, connected them to Osram Gateway, but even Osram cant set the default start up color for these 2 bulbs. :frowning: Sent a request to Osram support and hoping to get it resolved by them.

I am able to test 2 A19 bulbs and am able to set the default values. So, both A19 & BR30 are tested to be working.

If anyone is interested in testing the code for me, please let me know and I will provide instructions.

So what is the “configure” button for? It appears to do nothing when I tap it.