[OBSOLETE] Media Renderer Events, play messages, radio stations, tracks, sounds

Hi, I have made an update to MediaRenderer events, now you can ask to Alexa, it´s in beta stage but I need your help to test it, thanks

This is the link to answer your questions about Alexa update

1 Like

Hi
The official “Speaker Mood Music”-SmartApp can set the volume to what I want.
But this SmartApp doesn’t the volume on my DLNA speaker to what I set it to.

If I have played Spotify on my speaker on 30% volume and stops it in the evening. And then this SmartApp are suppose to play a radio station on a low volume, e.g. 15%, it play play it on the high volume from the day before.

Any idea how to work this out?

Hi @simonselmer, Its a Bug, I dont send the volume parameter to function, but the main problem is the Mediarenderer Device, I have a bug in the track with volume, I need to fix both, right now I have mod the mediarenderer events, but I don´t like to control the device inside the app, because it can add problems, you can update the Mediarenderer events meanwhile I fix both in a better way, Try It

Hi
Sad to hear about the bug, but glad it’s not me doing something wrong.
Hope you find the time you need to fix the bugs, because it works very well.

Can you where exactly in the mediarenderer events I can correct it? Just so I dont breake more than I fix.

Hi @simonselmer, I have told you I changed the mediaRenderer events, just update the app, in this day I will publish a better fix,

Hi @ule, Could this be used to play a simple White Noise track? I can’t see anything like that in the Radionomy selection, but I’m wondering how the “Track” action of the Renderer Events SmartApp finds tracks to play, because I have nothing in the “Play this Track” section

Hi

Change the line 66

input “sound”, “enum”, title: “Play this Sound?”, required: actionType == “Sound”? true:flase, defaultValue: “Bell 1”, options: [“Bell 1”,“Bell 2”,“Dogs Barking”,“Fire Alarm”,“Piano”,“Lightsaber”]

by this

input “sound”, “enum”, title: “Play this Sound?”, required: actionType == “Sound”? true:flase, defaultValue: “Bell 1”, options: [“Bell 1”,“Bell 2”,“Dogs Barking”,“Fire Alarm”,“Piano”,“Lightsaber”,“White Noise”]

and add this in the line 587 with the url of your music and the duration time in seconds

case “White Noise”:
state.sound = [uri: “myurl”, duration: “10”]
break;

Awesome! that works! I’ve used an mp3 on a local web server.

How would I get it to loop the audio clip (preferably without a pause)

I’ve tried increasing the duration argument, but it only plays to the end of the track (which happens to also be 10 seconds)

Also, I’d like to be able to use one of your MediaRenderer (Connect) DNLA speakers to start and stop the audio with the play/stop button… is that possible?

Hi.

You can set your speaker in loop mode (with your control point app, not ST) but the beast way its you create a new audio file with the sound repeated many times as you like.

ah… I’m using your MediaRenderer (Connect) DNLA speakers

Also, I’d like to be able to use one of your MediaRenderer (Connect) DNLA speakers to start and stop the audio with the play/stop button… is that possible?

Hi, yes, you can start and stop the audio, but you need to load the media with your control point or some app.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what a control point is. Do you mean like iTunes airplaying to the speakers? I thought that’s what this SmartApp would do?

Hi, I think you must to know your speakers, you can do very good actions if you know what you have

I suggest you to read the first post

Is it possible to make my Google Home play radio station?

I want a scenario where Motion start a radio station, and then turn OFF when motion stops.

I have tested the DLNA and it works on my Yamaha Receiver, the problem is that it must stay ON all time. and that is a NoGo…

Of course, but for google home you need a server, search bubble server, it can e installed in a windows pc or an android phone, very easy and works great

are you sure it can be used with Google Home, and not only chromecast ?
I have read somewhere that Google Home can not be triggered to play anything without Voice command.

I have many old Android phones, can I make my android a DLNA ready device to play music from?
So a motion can trigger my phone to play a radio station ?

My only solution at this moment is to use Lannouncer to play a Voice telling my Google home to start music :stuck_out_tongue:

What I know, Google Home can be recognized as DLNA if you install a bubble server, my code just works with 1 google device for now, I need to mod some things to allow multiple google devices, but for you 1 its ok

if you say so, than I will try :slight_smile: Need to do some reading about what I need, and where to begin.
I already have all your MediaRender and Musicplayer installed in my ST.

Will do some testing tomorrow and see if I figure it out, my google Home have mostly not been used because I dont want to speak to it, but if triggering music from ST works, that is a huge pluss :smiley:

If you use the DLNA mediarenderer you can use only the mediarenderer capabilities , I dont think you can play spotify list with a dlna command.

in other way

you can put an android phone near the google home and send some command to google home. is not a clean way but works

So you say I can use Mediarender to start radio to Google Home, but not Spotify ?
That is okay, I dont need spotify, a random radio channel is OK for me.

But Google Home does not appear when I do render device search from ST.
So not sure how to add that to the players.

edit: I installed Bubble server on my computer, but no config URL was found, and the sofware would not start. Dont know what`s wrong.

But I still dont understand why I need a DLNA server to play music, when I can play music on my Yamaha speaker without using the bubble speaker?
I can send message, and sound to my Yamaha, but Google Home does not appear in the list.

is the Bubble server a 3rd party software that will allow my google home to be used as a DLNA device ? :o