[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

Whats the need for the re-write? is it performance, allow more features, better hue compatibility, ready for the new code format coming from ST?

Be interested to know.

@tmleafs
Thanks for this SmartApp, it’s great.
I have just noticed one thing that is quite problematic. Very often, lights status (or at least in groups) doesn’t get updated for example when I turn them on using dimmer switch. Than lights seem to be off even they are on. Is it bug or am I doing something wrong?

You have to try to reduce the amount of control you use outside of smartthings. Hue bridge does not have a push feature so you have to pull the data from the bridge currently its every 5 mins it can be every 1 minute but I wouldn’t recommend it.

In my house I have dimmers but are only used when smartthings has failed or automation failed to run, all other control is direct smartthings

Most of the code wasn’t written by me and so I wanted to change that while also adding loads of code from the last official cloud based app and device handlers.

The plus points are less incorrect values on devices when the data pull is done.

1 Like

I just updated from the IDE and it rendered the hue_b_smart hub useless. Any working versions I can use?

Update my IDE location for the repo?

What appears to be the problem. Last few updates have only enabled better ikea/3rd party bulb support.

The SmartThings hub didn’t know when the light was turned on.

I reverted to your October code (Thank God I still had it) and it was fine.

Github has all versions. IDE logs would be helpful if possible as if smartthings does something that breaks hue b smart your going to have more issues when updating to get a fix.

I don’t if i’m doing something wrong, but my hue bridge never moves to Linked Bridges. I installed everything from the Github and when I open the app and pick the hub it tells me to hit the link button. I do that and the app closes, and when I open it back up the bridge still shows in the Unlinked Bridges section. And that just continues to happen.

I finally managed to install this after a bit of trouble. I have the hub and 10 bulbs in to smartthings.

Regarding scenes and groups how should i install them? I want to be able to be able to set hue scenes on certain bulbs at specifc time and only when motion is detected.

I have found lots of groups and scenes to inport but i only have 3 groups inside hue app.

Where shall i start? Should i remove groups feom hue app and control in smart things ?

Hi @tmleafs I recent went to pull in a few new scenes into Hue B Smart and noticed some errors in my logs. Got the below error. I have everything synced with the repo so I am not sure why I’m seeing a DTH version mismatch error?

So i’m just going to assume this doesn’t work. Nearly 3 weeks of trying, Bridge never moves to Linked Bridges, app just keeps closing every time I hit the link button. And no responses to if i’m doing something wrong. I didn’t think you needed to do anything more to get started but link the bridge but I can’t get past that with the smartapp just closing and doing nothing.

Well for whatever reason. This is corrected now. I did not update any code. Just tried adding in a scene and it worked. Tried it twice and it worked.

Sounds like you never installed any of the device handlers

I installed everything from the github and these are the only things that show up under device handlers.

Need ide logs while your pressing the button.

I was just able to get this installed and the DHT needed as well but cannot get all of my bulbs scenes or rooms added. It just keeps saying downloading. Is there anything special other than time that is needed for this to show up?

Hi @tmleafs.

I’m trying to install the app and keep getting an error, even after reinstall.

Please see attached.
Regards
Gary

@punkgamer69 @Gotcha182 @GaryHunjan

Clearly smartthings has broken the install again, if any of you are happy for me to login to your smartthings account please PM

Hi @tmleafs - Thanks for the quick response; yes, I’m happy for you to log in but I’m unable to find the private messaging function (maybe a restriction on my account??) my email is gh@harsantltd.com, ping me a quick Emil and ill provide the log in details.

Regards
Gary