[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

What are you trying to do?

The mirror behavior is to have one light do whatever another light does. In my house I have a lamp in the media room that mirrors the light switch in the room. This way it turns on and off when someone uses the switch for the main light.

I figured it does something else
I have an iris sensor and using smart lighting app I was hoping that motion trigger the lights to turn on and set color to a hue scene. Currently smart lighting app only allows to turn on or turn on and set color to few options (energize, relax, red, orange, blue
) but you can’t set the color to some complex color

First have the Hue Scene you want set up in the Hue app.
Add the Scene to SmartThings via Hue B Smart.
Then use Smart Lighting to Turn On the Scene with motion.

Scenes added via Hue B Smart are available in Smart Lighting.

I do have the scenes already in hue b smart. But I don’t see them using the smart lighting app

Yeah, you’re looking in the wrong area.
Hit ‘New Lighting Automation’
Hit ‘Which devices do you want to control?’
That is where you will find your Hue B Smart Scenes. You won’t pick the room you want to turn on, just pick the Scene that you have setup in the Hue app that is added via Hue B Smart.
Here are mine:

Pick the Scene you want to activate, then ‘Select trigger’

1 Like

Wait a second
 is that the new SmartThings Connect or the Classic app? I’ve not used the new app, and a whole lot of custom things do not work in the new app. I am using Smart Lighting in the Classic app.

You’re the man. I was looking in a complete different area. Forgot that a scene is a thing now
Works like a charm now
New smart thing app is just a mess. I stopped using it long time ago

2 Likes

Error when attempting to link Hue Hub:

error grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():

• Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [001788465562]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,001788465562]; default message [{0} must be unique]
    @line 189 (linkButton)

Means you haven’t removed official hue app and devices from smartthings

Great news. This custom device controller now works in the new app! Anybody else noticed this or why haven’t anybody mentioned it? Lol!
Edit: my custom thermostats are working to!
Screenshot_20190104-195416|243x500

I haven’t used or installed the new app and most likely won’t until smartthings say it’s ready for old users

For some reason my Hue lights stopped sending data from the Hue hub to ST.
This started on Jan 4th at 11:19PM as you can see on the state window of 1 of my bulbs.

When I checked the Hue B Smart app in SmartThings, I also no longer have the ability to add/remove bulbs/scenes/
 Only the option to remove the bridge.

Checking the logs, it does discover something but not sure where it’s stuck.

I can still control the bulbs from ST but since I’m using a few Hue dimmer switches, I would need to get the status of the lights from the Hue bridge.
I’m using the Github integration so already on the last version of all device handlers and app. Also rebooted the Hue hub and ST hub.

Have you renamed something, added/deleted scenes? done anything recently in the Hue app?

Is the bridge logging anything to the IDE? as your screenshot above only appears to be showing the app

PM me if you want me to log into your IDE and have a look

@yannick

Last night I noticed my Hue B Smart is also not updating was working a few days ago but annoyingly my test setup is working fine so trying to work out why one is working and the other isn’t, is confusing me

This will be effecting other people but if you don’t use other services other than ST to turn on hue lights you might not notice there’s a problem

1 Like

Having the same issue and it appears to have started on Jan 4th at around 10:15 PM GMT.

The 4th is also the day that it started working in the new app
ST have done something, all good though have made a work around the update will be on github within the hour

Thanks too @yannick for access to his IDE to help test and also been able to add new device types

1 Like

Committed to Github
Updated - Version 1.8 9th January 2019

• Added workaround for device subscription no longer working (Pulling information from Hue Bridge)
  • Added Extra Bulb Types to reduce IDE Log errors (Dimmable Plugin Switch, Non-Dimmable Plugin Switch, Non CT Colour Light)
  • Added On/Off Plug Device Type

I’ve been using this smart app for a few months now. For some reason I recently ran into an issue and maybe it can help someone or maybe someone can help explain it to me.

I have about 10 hue groups set up through the hue app. I’ve added lights and groups to ST using the smart app. I also have an integration with Alexa so that I can control groups/lights with voice.

Recently, I noticed that my master floor lamp group of 3 candle bulbs (while it still seemed to be able to be controlled by Alexa voice) was never loading properly inside of Alexa app and always had “waiting for Smartthings” showing. The control by voice was working but would sometimes respond “something went wrong” even though it adjusted the group.

I then tried deleting/renaming/removing the group entirely from hue, ST and Alexa. I wanted to start over. But after I went through the entire process of re-adding, and discovering in Hue B Smart and then in Alexa, the problem continued!! My last ditch effort was to go into the IDE and find that ST/Hue B Smart group, I changed it to Hue B Smart Bulb type, saved. I removed from Alexa, and discovered devices. It found it and loaded it fine. Then I went back into the IDE and changed back to Hue B Smart Group type.

Does the device type matter here? I didn’t test using my group with the Bulb DTH.

Device types are different, bulb and groups have different command urls

To make it clear its the Alexa app thats not loading the device? ST is fine?

Correct. I could still “mostly” control the group. But there was something funky going on. The other issue I forgot to mention was that when I went to delete that group inside of the Hue app, it kept hanging up so I eventually used Hue Essentials to remove the group.

It was just odd that after I changed the device type it finally started showing the controls inside of the Alexa app. All of my other lights, plugs and switches (even other hue groups) show fine inside of Alexa. It was just this one.