[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

Think I solved that…was able to delete the Hue b smart scenes directly in the ST web App under devices…seems to have worked …
It said they were in use by Action Tiles, so I guess thats why they didnt delete from the SmartApp directly …

Where is Hue B actually picking up scenes from as I seem to have way more than just my HueconnectHD scenes listed as available in the SmartApp…? Leaves a long confusing list

Bill p

1 Like

If you have hue dimmers or the original switch when you create what the buttons do it creates scenes in Hue B Smart you see everything

Thanks …found a great IOS app called Bridge Inspector, which allowed me to see whats stored in the bridge and more importantly DELETE scenes…I had all kinds of weird stuff and duplicates in there for some reason…much better now !

Bill P

Committed to Master
Updated - Version 1.71 8th October 2018

@JonGillibrand - I believe I have fixed it - Please test

• Fixed SetLevel Bug - SmartThings on fresh bulb/group install was setting transition time to decimal 2.0. The turning on and off functions had code to make sure a number was sent but setLevel function didn’t - I have now added that to setlevel and changed the way the transition time is set on install

• Added version output to bridge device as people manage to install random versions

This sounds like it might be the fix to what I was experiencing?

Back again.

For some reason i’m back to the issue I had at the start of this topic where no hub shows up during search.

I’ve had to try deleting and re-adding everything as in the past week for some reason all the bulbs stopped automating in SmartThings and I could no longer control anything.

So I deleted every single bulb, scene and group. Deleted the hub in the app. Deleted the app. Deleted everything from the console and re-added everything again from github, latest smartapp and all the latest device handlers - but just sticks on trying to find the hub.

I have turned the debug on and the only message I get is simply

fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:29:33: warn Bridge Discovery Sent - Version is 1.71
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:29:33: info Sending bridge discovery
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:29:18: info Sending bridge discovery
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:29:18: info Doing Hue Device Sync!
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:29:18: info Doing Hue Device Sync!
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:27:07: warn Bridge Discovery Sent - Version is 1.71
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:27:07: info Sending bridge discovery
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:26:51: warn Bridge Discovery Sent - Version is 1.71
fc13e84f-0ccf-4d05-ae30-d19c6cb26fef  01:26:51: info Sending bridge discovery

Any ideas?

Last person who had this just unplugged the hue bridge and plugged it back in

Actually already tried that. Might do the same with the ST hub as well and report back.

@tmleafs - rebooted the ST hub and the Hue bridge and unfortunately nothing. Any other ideas?

I can remote in again?

DM’ed you.

I have found another bug in that the custom scenes created in the Hue app don’t trigger once pulled into ST from HBS. Any ideas on that?

Need IDE logs while you press scenes in ST

Here you go:

Another thing, which would be more of a nice to have feature would be that the scenes list in the smartapp are broken out by the bulb/group they correspond to. Its kinda hard to find what your’re looking for in there as is.

Easier to just rename your scenes to “Room Name Color”

Maybe if you have a few bulbs it would be easier for the user to rename them all manually, but if you’ve got a lot?

I wouldn’t say I’ve got a lot of hue bulbs and this is what my scenes list looks like in the app. Surely the app get the groups when it pulls the scenes?

Have updated the code to display light ids and sorted by light id

sweet, thanks! Let me know what you need testing wise on the scene push, Im standing by to help.

have added bulb id to the bulbs page so you can see which scenes go with which bulbs