[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

I think I have just hit this issue although it never used to be an issue…

I use webcore to turn on my Hue B Smart scenes but this doesn’t turn on the ST light in use by the scene. So my away and goodnight routines are not turning off the lights - is this the similar to your experience Tony_B?

can you post your webcore piston

you have to get the whole hue bridge config every time you want hue and smartthings to be in sync

you need to find ways to sent the colours though smartthings

1. Just do what I do create a scene for those colours and import it and run that device. Only downside is loads of extra devices I have 3 colours for my tv lights blue, green and white

2. set the colour you want and look at the hue bridge config or 3rd party app and get the settings for that colour use the commands in webcore for colours and use those settings

Well, what I typically do is just “refresh” the device in webCoRE so that SmartThings knows that it’s on in the event of bedtime, or whatnot.

I have thought about doing it several ways but it always leads back to just a poll of the hue instead.

The piston I am using for my home mode automations is:

I have it set to turn off the lights but as ST doesn’t see the lights are on it doesn’t work

Put a refresh on all the lights that are addressed by this piston in the last part of it

if you set disable command optimization on your pistion it will send off commands even if the devices is already off

What i want to see is your piston using a scene

you wont need to poll or refresh if you use the webcore commands to set the colours.
For hue and ST to work 100% automation you have to stop using hue directly it has to go though ST so ST knows whats going on

I don’t use any other tools other than hue dimmer switches in rare cases when ST is down. I wouldn’t of got hue dimmers but 2 years ago in the UK there was no great alternative

Hi, here is one of the pistons using a scene - it is anonymised so the scenes show as switches

I will try to disable the command optimization… another option is that I could try using webcore to set the lighting colours as you are discussing with Tony_B and stop using Hue

@tmleafs

I am sorry but I need it. :frowning:

Transition time for certain times of the day is important. 5000 when the lights aren’t really needed, but it’s becoming dark. I have got it down to a science :slight_smile:

i need to see this piston

also why not just use fade

@tmleafs

Fade has never worked for me, it just has a mind of it’s own. I’ll post the picture of the piston but, since it’s loaded with API calls, It’s going to take me a minute to block them all out.

I guess I fixed the API Calls to edit my full url out.

Let me know when you are done looking, I don’t want this posted very long.

okay I understand

Thank you for fixing the app so quickly. I had been wondering what had been going on the last few days!

1 Like

Coming Soon

I’m going to fix the colour bulb and groups bugs too

1 Like

So I’m not sure when this started happening. I updated today to the new version (1.7) When I updated from repo I forgot to hit publish for me. I noticed when I go into Hue B Smart I cannot remove a bulb. Says that screen cannot be loaded.

I have another idea, kinda copying what MQTT and NST Manager do.

There is an EventGhost Hue Plug-in written in Python that I used to update my “on/off” for ISY994i. It probably wouldn’t be that hard to transfer that into an engine that Linux subscribes the hub and catches live events (color, on/off, brightness); then, sends it back to your SmartApp to fully tie the SmartThings/Hue experience together.

I am not sure if @tonesto7 or @E_Sch wrote it, but I could imagine that they would have some great experience to help out with this “linux engine” for Hue.

I figured it out. Forgot to remove the bulbs from ActionTiles. Oops. All good now.

@tmleafs and to anyone with a tiny bit of programming experience:

I wrote a few macros a long time ago when I wanted the ISY994i to have updated status across all my devices.

https://www.tinozplace.com/Hue-Project.zip

Install EventGhost
Copy init.py from the zip into Program FIles (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Philips Hue (Yes, Make the folder to paste it in)
Open EventGhost
Delete all the stuff in the right side, unless you use EG regularly.
Add Plugin - PhilipsHue
Fill in the rest of the info.

Open my XML in Notepad (++ if you have it), copy all content to the clipboard (select all+copy)
Activate EG
Press Control-V to paste

Edit the macros:
You’ll see each sample has the things you’ll need to fill in, don’t mess with the text unless you are good enough to understand python.

Adding your first Light/Group:
If you have successfully connected to the Hue Bridge in EG, you can turn one of your lights on from the hue app. You’ll see it on the right side of the EG window.

If that light was part of a group, do a Control-C and Control-V on my Group Sample, rename it and then drag the event from the left side “PhilipsHue.9.on” (example) of the window to your new macro. Turn it off and drag the off event to your new macro.

Add the Hue Bridge to webCore and import the webcore into a new piston.

For each light, you should get a new IFTTT address to fill into the lower side of your EG macros. After that, test and make more macros.

This is not for the faint of heart. It’s only here to test the synchronization of Hue to the SmartThings bridge and give proof-of-concept.