[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

I followed the post regarding using the old smart app and DH from two older posts but still not getting the Hue linked to my ST…

Could you kindly outline exactly what you did to get it linked please?

This is doing my head in as all top Floor lights I have are all Hue and I have been resorting to to manual switching disgusting

I basically deleted alll previous stock Hue ST/comm crated native stuff and added TMLeaf’s latest app/all DHs but although recognised the hue (from log) but not actually added the HBridge on ST and then I followed his post regarding old SmartApps one by one by clearing the previous stuff and install both SMartApps and DHs but getting slightly difference on Logs every time …still a no go, not showing the Linkable Bridge…

I’m begging here…

Don’t worry found it…in fact now I remember I deleted clayton’s in hope another app/dh set would eliminate the ‘turningoff’ Issue I had.

Between that or no Hue…I chose turningoff icons…

Just migrated from native Hue functionality to Hue B Smart. No real issues and much easier (and faster!) to manage the lights based on the room groupings in the Things list

Nice work and thanks @tmleafs!

@tmleafs

Support responded with “sorry but nothing we can do!”. :roll_eyes:

Anyone found a way to make a nice fade over time effect using Hue B Smart?

What i am trying to do is use webcore to trigger a fade effect on a Hue lamp when something happened. The effect im going for is 1) Change color to orange instantly 2) Fade it into dark red over a period of 5 minutes.

Somehow i cannot find a way to achieve this. All i got so far is the lamps jumping from orange to red without fading. Also i seem to have a problem with the lights changing brightness/level after i use the philips dimmer switch to turn them on.

My recommendation would be to do it with two scenes.

@John010

1st Scene - Level and Color (orange) using transition time of (4ms or whatever your prefer)

2nd Scene - Level and Color (Dark Red) using a transition time of 5min)

Easiest way to create the scenes is with app like all4hue (android) which allows you to create scenes and adjust transition times. I’m sure there is a way to do it on iOS too.

Then in webCoRE you can trigger the scenes using the momentary buttons created by Hue B Smart.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip about the app. I created a test scene with a fade effect and it works perfectly.
But how do i call this scene from webcore or add it to ST to create a button?

Thanks!

You can forget about support being of any help

Go back into Hue B Smart smartapp, choose your bridge, then select refresh available devices. You should see the option to add your newly created scenes. Once you have done that you will be able to add them to webCoRE

This app has been working extremely well and scenes are great. Thank you.

Has anyone been able to implement “dynamic” (ie moving) scenes with it?

The closest I have got is to build some transitions in an iOS app which get uploaded to the hub, import the individual transition scenes into ST through the app and then tie them together with Webcore. This works well but has anyone managed to do something more straightforward? (I tend to overcomplicate things!)

I note that there are quick fixes in the app but these do not appear to work and are a feature indofiend never implemented?

The new Smartthings scenes function looks helpful but do not seem to be dynamic unless I have missed something.

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

its not something that can be called from the hub

the why your currently doing it is the only why possible. Unless theres another app that has a api or something you could run

That is what I thought.

I noticed that the iconnecthue app uploads the animations to the hub so they run directly off that without the need for the app to be used.

You can also link hue buttons to the hub to trigger the routines directly; again no need for the app.

These routines show up in a combination of quick fixes and scenes so I was hopeful!

I’ll keep plodding with what I am doing.

Thank you

I dont like playing with 3rd party hue apps in case they break stuff. But if you can send me a full bridge configure output I can see what I can do

Correct he never released the DH for quick fixes, Been meaning to remove it from the app

I have 4 lamps above my dinnertable and im trying to make them turn on 1 by 1 so it looks kind of like a wave effect from left to right.

What i did is create a scene for each lamp. They fade till 50% in 1 second. These 4 scenes i want to activate using webcore with a delay of a few milliseconds between them. This should get my desired effect.

My problem is that i cant even make the 4 scenes activate at the same time, there always seems to be 1 or 2 seconds between them. By manually clicking the scenes 1 after another in the ST app i can also not make them activate without delay. When i do the same thing in the hue app they activate as fast as i can click and i get my desired effect.

Is there any way i can kill this delay? All advice is very welcome. Thanks!

Any help on getting the bridge to see the HUE B Smart app? I have pressed the button on the bridge to no avail.

Thanks

Do you get to the message that says to press the button? Some users currently dont seem to be able to install the this app will get to a fix soon

I did not get any message to says to press the button. This is my first time installing a smartapp.

What I did was just copy the code in RAW and paste it in mysmartapps, enable OAuth and then I found it under mysmart apps in the smarthings application. If there is anything else I need to do please let me know. I am a total newb when it comes to this. Thanks!

I doubt it not until official hue connect app supports scenes so local processing is possible

Installing should look like this