[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Groups & Scenes) - Remove Popcorn Effect!

I take it you posted on the wrong thread as none of that makes sense

LOL - Umm yea. I was looking at the MyQ code and not your code. My bad.

So where do I find the verion? My SA currently has this before the actual code:

Hue B Smart

• Copyright 2016 Anthony Pastor
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  •  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
  • Version 1 TMLeafs Fork
  1. assuming this is the most recent code
  2. that the code is not from the future but you meant 28 Jan 2018

:slight_smile:

1 Like

1.6 is the latest if your running the latest code it will display Version is 1.6 in the IDE Logs like this

Can someone explain exactly what the “popcorn effect” is, or better yet, show me a video?

Do I have to install the Hue B Smart smartapp in order to use the DTH’s? I dont use many smartapps because I use webcore.

I haven’t installed Hue B Smart yet, but before I do, I wanted to ask if the Hue B Smart DTH’s allow me to adjust the transition time of individual hue bulbs dynamically with webCoRE? I am trying to effectively make my own “living scenes” with webCoRE, but so far I haven’t been able to get the type of effect I am looking for because cloud processing of a fade command over a short period in smartthings is limiting me. For example, I want to be able to send a command to hue bulbs to “fade from red to green, over 10 seconds” and have it do that smoothly, rather than briefly stopping at colors in-between, which is what currently happens.

This is a popcorn effect video though this is the extreme its not normally this bad.

The app is used to install the devices and setup the bridge. I’m the same webCoRE for everything only apps I have are connect used to Setup and install device. You will need to remove all current hue devices from ST before you can install hue b smart

I could add the feature, it may be possible already but not something I have ever tried

Question - for a number of reasons I need to change the IP address of my Hue Device which has already been discovered … will this update well with this SmartApp/DTHs or should I delete the current and redo after resetting the IP address?

you should be able to change it and then open the hue b smart app and it should update

Negative - it finds it in logs with the right MAC address but wont update the IP

if I click into the bridge’s old IP address it just says to delete it and devices …
Well… deleting the bridge requires me to remove the bulbs from smart apps … meh

On the upside I only have to do this one time (with any luck)

I should really fix that then. Up to you if you wanna wait for a fix, im not sure if just changing the ip address on the bridge device will fix it or not

Thought about that too… there is no where (that I can find) to change it on the bridge device directly - unless I am missing something :frowning:

The PITA is just removing all the devices from webcore instances, etc and redoing … but such is life with first world problems :slight_smile:

give me 5-10mins i will add the option to see if its enough

Will do - thanks …

I’ll keep moving with the removal of the devices from other smart apps just in case … adding back is easy enough

replace your bridge code with this

you’ll then have a ip box in that devices config, then try app again. if the app works your need to do a “refresh discovered devices” and hope it all works

Ok this is ODD

once I removed all the devices from other smartapps it got the updated IP address…

I will need to muck with it more later

That said - THANK YOU for the help

it most likely did it on the 5min check in that the device runs and not when the app runs. i dont think it would of worked any as all the lights would have had the wrong ip address

1 Like

Hmmm… it was about 5-10m … good to know - adding to my notes and runbook for the house

(and so if anyone else asks here :male_detective:

I have been playing around with Living Scenes in Hue labs today and it looks like now a whole bunch of “living scenes” show up as being able to be added just like regular scenes. Not sure what these are all about but has anyone came up with a way to integrate living scenes?

Living Scenes are just loads of scenes that are run one by one by a routine. I need a few people to send me there full bridge configs so I can compare mainly so I can see what 3rd party apps are doing as they don’t seem to be sticking to the Hue Labs standard

I can send you whatever you need just tell me what you want. I also would not have a problem giving you access to my setup if that would help.