[OBSOLETE][UPDATED as of March 24, 2016] Hue Lights & Groups & Scenes (OH MY!)

Can’t wait (10 chars)

any update? Waiting impatiently :slight_smile:

I’ll release a “beta” version tonight. I say “beta” because although the basic bulbs, groups, and scenes functionality is there, I’m still having a devil of a time adding some of the new additional features. Will also release a DTH for the bridge, bulbs, lux bulbs, groups, lux groups, scenes, and something I call QuickFix (which uses the Hue hub scheduling to adjust the color & level settings within 1 second of physical power).

The code was completely overhauled from the older ST service manager model to the current one. Response time is super fast. You will need to uninstall your current setup, however, and start from scratch. Thus the new smartapp name.

I really wanted to wait until all of the extra functionality was finished, but I’ve seen a lot of people complain about Hues recently, so I’ll release what I have and update later.

1 Like

Here is the Beta version of the Hue B Smart service manager and version 1 of the DTHs. This replaces the HLGS app (which will not be updated).

1 Like

Hue Beyond lights here available for testing at some point (I’m going to have reset Hue-ST integration so many times this month…)

I know it’s in beta but I’d be happy to test since I only have lightstrips at the moment. Not a big deal to re-do everything. I’ll probably carve out time to play with it this weekend. :slight_smile:

Hey Tony,

I’m a huge fan of your apps and am willing to uninstall to try again, so that’s no problem. I enjoy the ridiculous setup stuff anyway. I’ll be giving your new app a try :wink:

Thank you for all your hard work…always.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no such thing as “scenes” in Smartthings.

There are scenes in the Hue Hub, and this brings them to SmartThings.

Not everyone has a Hue Hub. Not everyone has the patience - or skill - to control their lighting from two separate devices. Much less understand the concepts of each. It’s like buying a car and then finding out that if you want to actually drive it you have to use a different car.

I’m getting serious delays on talking to lights with this app now? Almost 30 seconds! Anyone else suffering from this?

I’m getting serious delays on talking to lights

My setup is still working the same. What are you using for voice control? What types of hue lights? Are you experiencing the same delay for groups & scenes?

I stopped updating this app when I released Hue B Smart (here ). Check that out if you’re having problems.

Smartthings should have this integrated natively. So in an effort to get ST on it you can email (make sure you put “Feature Request” in Subject line) suppprt@smartthings.com and tell the them you want to add groups/scenes/rooms from hue. The more people that email this the more likely this can become a native feature