[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Smart and FAST Hue Lighting)

Ok thx for info.
Reason I ask is because there is a place in the house i use a HUE button controller to turn of lights, and I use if bulb is off for other stuff in WebCoRE.
Better go for a z-wave button and move it all to a piston or smart app then.

Yea, That’s a good idea

949BFN,

I had the same issue too where the Hue B Smart app wasn’t seeing any of my devices after pairing with the bridge. After I renamed the bridge, the issue was fixed for me so give that a try.

This is in the ST Logs for me over and over again when it wasn’t working (Masked some of the values like IP/MAC addresses):
f2614503-1401-48b2-84f2-7e0c5ac6d193 2:44:00 PM: debug Manage Bridge uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX={schedules={}, ssdpUSN=uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, itemsDiscovered=false, networkAddress=C0A80XXX, ssdpNTS=null, serialNumber=001788XXXXXX, bulbs={}, mac=001788XXXXXX, deviceAddress=0050, hub=78c25a1c-152f-492f-8a3b-f1fXXXXXXXXX, ssdpPath=/description.xml, ssdpTerm=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, stringCount=04, scenes={}, verified=true, name=Philips hue (192.168.1.XXX), devicetype=04, groups={}}
f2614503-1401-48b2-84f2-7e0c5ac6d193 2:43:57 PM: debug Manage Bridge GET Hue B Smart Bridge (192.168.1.XXX
f2614503-1401-48b2-84f2-7e0c5ac6d193 2:43:57 PM: debug Manage Bridge Params 00178XXXXXXXX
f2614503-1401-48b2-84f2-7e0c5ac6d193 2:43:57 PM: debug Manage Bridge 192.168.1.XXX
f2614503-1401-48b2-84f2-7e0c5ac6d193 2:43:57 PM: debug Manage Bridge uuid:2f402f80-da50-11eXXXXXXae={schedules={}, ssdpUSN=uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, itemsDiscovered=false, networkAddress=C0A80XXX, ssdpNTS=null, serialNumber=001788XXXXXX, bulbs={}, mac=001788XXXXXX, deviceAddress=0050, hub=78c25a1c-152f-492f-8a3b-f1fXXXXXXXXX, ssdpPath=/description.xml, ssdpTerm=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, stringCount=04, scenes={}, verified=true, name=Philips hue (192.168.1.XXX), devicetype=04, groups={}}

Didn’t need to rename just pressing done on the bridge config updated the bridge settings

The bridge would pair fine with the Hub B Smart app, problem though was finding all the devices (bulbs, scenes, groups, etc.) wasn’t working after 10 tries for me. I could only get it to find the devices once I renamed the Hue Bridge under My Home on the ST Mobile App (Android) and removed the IP address off of the end of the name. Once that was done, I reopened the Hub B Smart app and it found all of my Hue devices fine.

Not sure why renaming it helped, I think I had to do the same thing for this app previously before too before using your repository.

I found a bug on the Hue B Smart app, line 20 is missing the " on the end info_fiend for the namespace field.

But had you tried just pressing the gear cog then done before that?

Fixed how no one hasnt noticed that for 6 days I dont know

I wasn’t sure what you meant, does that mean hitting the Gear icon on the Hub Bridge Device on My Home and Done without renaming the Bridge device? If that’s what you meant, I didn’t try that previously.

Thanks for fixing line 20 so quick, I initially had issues installing the Smart App which is why I noticed that.

thats correct its strange that some people report fresh install completes fine and some need to do this extra step

Thanks for the suggestion @bfara83. Tried that but it did not help. @tmleafs is currently looking into my problem.

Wow I wish ST would stick to a colour and leave it
So this would change everything to blue no green any more is that right?

Currently getting errors , I need to add new bulbs but don’t seem to be able to. Use the latest version on github

using original code or my fork available here https://github.com/tmleafs/Hue_B_Smart

1 Like

Correct. I believe that I changed it in 3 of my HBS DTH (I didn’t install all of the DTH). Its been a while but I believe that I changed the Group / Scene / and Smart Color DTHs to reflect the background color of blue.

These were the only remaining items listed on my Things that were still green. I believe that ST has converted everything to the new standard (at least for all the devices I own), and then there were a couple of other custom SmartApps that I had also modified to the standardized blue hex value.

Here is a snippet of a post by Jim with SmartThings who posted all the new color codes as part of the changes committed by workingmonk back in March;

Here are the colors as they are today. There may be some slight changes regarding the hex codes, but rather than make you wait for the official docs, I’ll share what I have now.

Basically “on” states will be blue, “off” will be white, “inactive” will be gray, and orange will be used for anything that may require the user’s awareness (e.g., open contact sensor).

Here are the color codes:
Blue: #00a0dc
White: #ffffff
Orange: #e86d13
Gray: #cccccc

So for example, for the common capability/state color tiles, you’ll have:

Switch OFF and turningOff state: white (#ffffff)
Switch ON and turningOn state: blue (#00a0dc)
Presence Not Present: white (#ffffff)
Presence Present: blue text (#00a0dc)
Contact Closed: blue text (#00a0dc)
Contact Open: orange text (#e86d13)

I’m getting the same notification. And I’ve also been unable to add new scenes/rooms. Even cleared my Hue bridge of all scenes and schedules and with @tmleafs’ assistance, tried numerous other solutions, with no success.
I’m so desperate, I was prepared to delete the app, but even the uninstall process fails. It seems I’ll first have to remove all the lights one by one from all the (many) webCore pistons before I’ll be able to remove the app. That in itself could take hours.

you would have the same problem removing the official hue app if you wanted to remove it, you can’t remove anything on ST without removing all devices associated with apps.
People have moved to my fork successfully and people have also installed my fork fresh. Currently it’s only you with problems as we dont know what code @iamjezz is currently using. Currently your problem can’t be explained as our logs match or it complains about the response it get from the bridge and as ST doesn’t let us view the whole response from the bridge as it get truncated.
Sorry for this response but me @detmer & @jasonrwise77 have worked hard testing getting the original code to work again.

Thank you that worked , what i should have done to be helpful was tell you the version i was on. However this version in the link worked so thank you for your help

1 Like

Good to hear, thats no problem if you didn’t read the previous 100 posts you wouldn’t of known there was a new fork

Confirmed working @wbm @WB70 @AndyWak @mejifair @blong @iamjezz @Detmer @jasonrwise77
Haven’t confirmed @M3Rocket @Mr_Vulpes Cbuckles17

1 Like

True @tmleafs and I did not intend to sound ungrateful i.r.o. your efforts. To the contrary, you must have spent at least 2 hours attempting to assist me for which I’m very grateful.
The reality for me is that the app is not working and I’ll have to remove it, but first I’ll have to remove all the Hue lights (some 40 odd) from approximately 23 different pistons.