[UPDATED 4/19/17] Hue B Smart (Smart and FAST Hue Lighting)

It should do that. It did when I set up my bulbs. Is that only occurring for you when you set up bulbs - or does that also happen for groups and scenes?

Same behavior with bulbs scents and groups for me. Don’t move to the added group.

Same here. Loading icon shows but doesn’t change them to added. Refreshing will change them like @Michael_D stated. Love the app. Works great

3 Things from my side on this new version:
1st: (RE)Connect, has an option to turn the Hue Scenes off again. There is inside the device handler a switch button called “off” and turnes the scene off again. I tried just copying the function in the device handler but it doesnt work. Can this be added?

Actually, i wonder if it maybe makes more sense to have a scene be a real on/off button, instead of a momentary switch?

2nd: Maybe its just me, but the light states are not as fast as before with the new app. If i turn a scene, the individual lights are not updated. It takes quite a while for the lights to update. Same if you turn on or off a light from HUE App.

3rd: Looks like finally this new app is not “overtaking” any new Zigbee devices anymore… but again, that was probably just me in the first place as it happend with OH My Hue & (RE)Connect.

Maybe. But it almost certainly take more than just copying the function into one of my DTHs. I can take a look. I use a scene called “All Lights Off” that - you guessed it - turns my lights off. Would that work for you in the meantime?

I’ll be adding push light state updating. The current beta only updates the light states on a pull instead of a push basis.

Working on adding Hue Schedules now. Then Hue Sensors. I imagine thats where you’ll see those additional Zigbee devices again. The HLGS app logged everything from the Hue Hub.

1 Like

Can you two either post or PM me the IDE log of when you add / remove a bulb? Adding / removing a bulb, group, and scene automatically updates on my system so I’m a little confused on why this is occuring for you two. Also - let me know what version of Hue Hub and SmartThings Hub you are using.

Thanks!

Actually, before you bother with all that, try the version I just uploaded to GitHub - I added a submitOnChange() parameter to those pages that may solve it. Let me know.

Maybe. But it almost certainly take more than just copying the function into one of my DTHs. I can take a look. I use a scene called “All Lights Off” that - you guessed it - turns my lights off. Would that work for you in the meantime?

Is it still the case that the scenes from Hub v2 are saved always as “SceneX ON” & “Scene X OFF”?

I can try the new version in a bit. This is what the log gave me when I tried to remove an added bulb. I did not get an error when trying to add a scene I had not added already.

5d6066b5-4c71-4328-a72e-b4f4781b2ca4 10:16:21 AM CDT: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: errorText for class: script1477149320017198383084 @ line 427

Edit: I refreshed and added a scene and got this:

LogsClear
5d6066b5-4c71-4328-a72e-b4f4781b2ca4 10:18:34 AM CDT: debug Does scene [id:pYvARpdUMM0CVPM, lights:[12, 14], name:Arctic aurora, type:scene] have a schedule using it? scheduleId = null
5d6066b5-4c71-4328-a72e-b4f4781b2ca4 10:18:34 AM CDT: debug adding scene [id:pYvARpdUMM0CVPM, lights:[12, 14], name:Arctic aurora, type:scene]. Are lights assigned? lights = [12, 14]
5d6066b5-4c71-4328-a72e-b4f4781b2ca4 10:18:34 AM CDT: debug Adding pYvARpdUMM0CVPM

That didn’t help me. Same problem of not updating. I am using a V2 Hue bridge and the V2 ST Hub.

I have a v1 Hue Hub, but there’s nothing about that functionality in the Philips Hue API documentation.

UPDATE: there’s also nothing like that in the scene data from a v2 scene created in the CLIP API Debugger. Buuuuut - v2 scenes have an “appdata” parameter in which I could store on/off state. Bottom line is that I will do it, but after the functions I’m working on now.

Ok…I run off mostly from my Android phone. I just tested removing / adding a bulb on my iPad and…lo and behold it didn’t update like it does on my Android - which indicates that its an iOS app bug. I’ll see if there’s a workaround.

Any chance you can change the status of the Hue Bridge listed in the Things section from “Hue Bridge” to “Online”?

Not sure what you mean. If it was offline, the app wouldn’t see it.

Thanks. Not a big deal, I got all of the bulbs added and the real functionality of the smart app is working great so far.

it is only a suggestion - changing the “Hue Bridge” to a status of “Online”

Also…

Same on this page, change the Hub Bridge to Online. Also, the directional arrow circled, leads to no where, loops back to same page.

How often does it pull?

Right now, it pulls every 15 mins. I’ll make this configurable.

Removing a bulb:
f51c1aa4-58d8-4839-9aed-040a97fb0ce8 11:59:58 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: errorText for class: script1477229938612131361950 @ line 431

Removing a scene:
f51c1aa4-58d8-4839-9aed-040a97fb0ce8 11:54:55 AM: debug Does scene [id:N9ZR38uvdhwepB6, lights:[1, 3, 6, 7, 8], name:Test, type:scene] have a schedule using it? scheduleId = null
f51c1aa4-58d8-4839-9aed-040a97fb0ce8 11:54:55 AM: debug adding scene [id:N9ZR38uvdhwepB6, lights:[1, 3, 6, 7, 8], name:Test, type:scene]. Are lights assigned? lights = [1, 3, 6, 7, 8]
f51c1aa4-58d8-4839-9aed-040a97fb0ce8 11:54:55 AM: debug Adding N9ZR38uvdhwepB6

Both logs are the same as @Michael_D. I am also running this on a iOS device. When I try it on an Android emulator on my PC it works fine. Both hubs are V2

Thanks, so is it equivalent I just use a core Piston to hit refresh? Or do you use some more internal, efficient implementation?