[UPDATED 3/27/18] GCal Search

I just looked over my Piston. I am able to get time, not date. That is why I had to use IFTTT.

Updated GCal Event Sensor DTH to version 20180312.1 on GitHub.

-new location attribute
-location information now displayed (if any) in summary

@infofiend

Is there a way to get “offsetNotify” to trigger without sending a push,sms, or anything.

I know it triggers off the attribute that tells everything you want to be notified. Was hoping to use it in Webcore to trigger a message. Then I could format / create the message to have the info I wanted.
Or trigger a different event early with getting the messages.

This might help, it extracts the start date and time, should not be hard to modify.

1 Like

Thank, I’ve played with extracting data from the events before. I’ll import your code and have a look.

I think I gave up on this approach before because I could not get Webcore to trigger off the extracted date and time. Been a while since I tried that so not really 100 % sure why I gave up.

Your reply has prompted me to try again.

I noticed there is nothing in the IF portion?

How will it check if the calendar contact is closed and there are no events?

Would something like this work?
{[Gcal Test Events : eventSummary]} is not ‘No events found’

It’s just the bones atm, not meant to do anything but extract the data.

Ok thanks, I’m working on it. Appreciate your help.

My Gcal events stopped working overnight after a long period of working well. I do not believe it is anything to do with the app as this remained unchanged. On opening each event (contact) thing in the ST app, the virtual device type and search string both contain the data expected, but the Calendar field says “You can’t currently add this”. This is affecting all calendars that I was using in the app and these again remain unchanged in Google Calendar.

My guess is the OAuth is somehow broken. Question is, is it just me or have Google done something to break it. Any ideas how I can restore the connection between the app and my calendars, without having to uninstall and reinstall anything.

@Kev1,
Just wanted to thank you again for your help. I have made progress towards my goal. My issue now is that the Gcal app updates to the next event at an inconsistent rate. Sometimes it’s in minutes others it seems to take closer to 20.
My current setup would probably work great if I just needed Webcore to trigger once or a few times spread out over the day.

Gonna keep at it and see if I can use Webcore to detect when Gcal refreshes it’s data in smarthings.

Add refresh events for your gcal device when you want to detect new data.

let me start 0ff saying i love this app and use it all the time. i have installed the new update and it is working great, sort of. my problem is with the integration with webcore. when trying to pull information from the device for open time, close tjme, open message time and close message time i am getting an error in webcore. it really doesn’t make sense to me. the information is there in the device via the IDE. but when webcore tries to gather it and set it to a variable it errors out. all others seem to be fine. i am using the device as a contact.

attributes from device:

piston using:

errors from piston:
errors

Logs from IDE

any help would be appreciated
Gopack2:

Okay, so the instructions say save your client ID and secret to enter into the settings for the app
well, how do you get into the settings for the app when it won’t install without a Client ID and secret.

@Gopack2

In webCoRE, I have my variable defined as datetime. Then, I set that variable with the expression

{[deviceName: eventTime]}

@Ryan780

Save those in the IDE

Where? I don’t see anywhere to put them.

Open the SmartApp in the IDE. Click on the “App Settings” button on upper right. Then click on OAuth tab and enable OAuth. Enter the Client ID and Client Secret info there.

1 Like

Well, duh. I had oautb enabled but didn’t realize you could use the same id/secret. Thank you!!

No problem!

1 Like

Updated GCal Event Sensor DTH to version 20180325.1 on GitHub.

-new eventTime attribute (like openTime but plays well with webCoRE)

1 Like