[UPDATED 3/27/18] GCal Search

Is there any way to hide the presence sensor created so that other family members can’t see or toggle it?

I think if you make it a contact versus presence you can’t toggle it. If you select it it just shows details of the contact. Open and close time for events found on your calendar.

Of course if you need presence that doesn’t help you.

Possibly you could modify the code to remove the toggle option from it? Sorry I can’t help you with that.

I thought about going that route as a contact but then I’ll have to change the SHM from all contacts and select the physical contacts. It may have to be done that way though.

I figured it out. If you remove the actions in lines 64 and 68 in the GCal Presence Sensor DTH you can’t manually switch the sensor from present to not present. So they will look like this when you’re finished: state(“default”, label:‘AWAY’, backgroundColor:"#CCCC00", action:"")

1 Like

Wondering if I can get some help here.

I have GCal Search working and Presence Sensors are working as intended. What I would like to accomplish using webCORE is triggering an action 5 minutes before Arrival/Presence.

If game starts at 12:00pm
Then 5 minutes before game starts play notification on speakers.
Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE
I got it working with the help of c1arkbar @ the webcore forums. You can find it here. Ill be happy to answer any questions if you have any.

So… I just installed this and very excited about its potential. It installed fine and connects successfully to my Google Calendar, lists all the calendars that I own, let me select the right one, define the trigger and create the virtual sensor with no issues.

That was the good part

However, Irrespective of the meetings matching or not matching the search trigger, the presence sensor shows as present. In addition, when looking at the sensor properties it shows: "Calendar: null: which is untrue as I selected my calendar which is properly named. I tested against a couple of calendars with same results.

On the Recently tab, it lists as 'No Events Found;
Any ideas as to why the calendar name not being read and the sensor not changing states even though it reads the events correctly?

Screenshots attached. Trigger is set to: Holiday. One event has Holiday as its title, the other does not. In both cases (whether it tripped on the right event or not), the virtual sensor shows as present. Disclaimer: I blurred some of the details for privacy reasons.

What am I doing wrong?

smurf,
Calender shows “null” for me as well but everything still works as it is supposed to. From my experience it is not going to show previous appointments in the events tab. Did the event that it is displaying happen already without the presence activating?

Note: I have noticed when I first install a the presence sensor it is automatically active and I have to toggle it. Works as expected after that.

The event has not triggered already. The sensor started as active hence I “planted a few” to rest out. The sensor initiated as active. I’ll try and toggle it off as suggested and retest. Thank you.

Thanks @carita - the sensors indeed started to respond once I toggled them off. Probably should be mentioned in the readme file and/or added to a fix list so they default at ‘Not Present’ upon creation and then execute the triggers.

Appreciate the fast response.

Good deal. Glad it worked.

This is my first time using GCal. I tried to follow the instructions in the readme but it seems to not work. Do I put the redirect in the Google redirect spot or the SmartThings redirect spot or both?

If your talking about the call back path it is the Google portion.

Here is a link to the original read me file for installation. It might provide a little more detail for you to follow.

Hope that helps.

I made sure that was there. It still does not seem to work. Says I can not currently add a calendar still.

Is this webcore piston of notifing BEFORE an event still working well for you?

If so could I get your piston identifier so I could import it and modify it for my use?

I am using IFTTT to create an event on a separate calendar 45 minutes before the actual event. That allows me to get the time from the original calendar without having the future appointments. This way I can say get time from calendar and trigger if there “is” an activity scheduled.

If I only use my originating calendar it always has a future appointment so not able to give that condition as it would trigger everyday.

And you verified that Oath is enabled and your client is and secret we’re copied?

Just shotgunning from my hip.

Okay so your able to parse the time value but not the date?

Thanks I’ll tinker with it and see if I can get it to work for my idea.

I think I was able to do one or the other but not both.

Thanks, I’ll go read your thread at Webcore and hopefully tinker the next couple of days.