[OBSOLETE] Hue B Smart (Smart and FAST Hue Lighting)

I noticed you started to work through this, but it probably needs to be updated for setColorTemperature:

parent.sendHubCommand(new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(
	[
    	method: "PUT",
		path: "/api/${commandData.username}/groups/${commandData.deviceId}/action",
        headers: [
        	host: "${commandData.ip}"
		],
        body: [on: true, ct: ct, transitiontime: tt]
	])
)

Specifically, setting the bulb to “on” because the colorTemperature changed is not consistent with how other DTHs work. It seems counter-intuitive to want to change the color of a bulb without turning it on, but it can create loops.

@Kristopher

I totally agree and will be changing that. Thanks.

I just tried installing this and adding my bulbs etc. I’m able to add most but one in particular fails to add saying I’m not authorised. Same thing happens with groups. So why would some be OK and not others?

I haven’t tried adding scenes yet because when I list them there are loads of duplicates. How do I know which is which?

Couple other things too – when you get around to the Hue Ambiance Groups and Bulbs:

• If you send the group a CT it doesn’t support, it won’t do anything (I think). This can be frustrating and its inconsistently implemented in ST. I believe you want the bulb to support “as close as possible” to whatever it’s being passed. For example, if the bulb is sent “6500K” but the bulb only supports 6000K, it should set to 6000K.

• I’ve noticed with groups in general that the Hue Bridge will fire off a Group Broadcast, but Hue has no way to report back to its hub whether or not the update went through. As a result, sometimes groups will get partially set. I’m not sure what anyone could do about this, but it’s a limitation to think about.

• Your CT sliders go from 2700…6500. The bulbs actually support 2200…6500

• HBS by default won’t change color unless the bulb is “on”. It should change the color of the bulb even if its off (though maybe not if its unreachable?). This is to keep consistency with the rest of how ST handles smart bulbs

Still can’t get any response from this app or my Hue lights. Getting this error when I click on the bridge in the Hue B Smart app.

Have you installed the DTHs?

Uploaded new versions of existing DTHs - and added new Ambience Bulb DTH - to GitHub. In the new DTHs, changing hue and saturation no longer turns on the bulb / group (b/c @Kristopher can’t be argued with). CT sliders originally had range of 2000-6500, now have range of 2200-6500.

Also uploaded new version of service manager app that fixes potential div / 0 error in scaleLevel (b/c @Kristopher keeps me honest) and adds support for new Ambience Bulb DTH.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the new DTHs…

2 Likes

Thanks! (10 chars)

There are now no notifications in the Activity Feed in the ST app. If I turn a light on/off, there is no activity showing that the event happened.

I did, it was working until I updated to 1.1. It is like it doesn’t see the bridge now. I cannot delete the smart app either, I assume that is because I have devices using the DTHs. I guess I’ll have to delete lights and start over.

Latest update is working fine. However fewer notifications. I do see log entries though for when lights come on.

Do some people want more notifications? I can make that a configurable preference.

Updated the HBS Bulb, HBS Group, and HBS Ambience Bulb DTHs.

• attribute “colorTemp” changed to “colorTemperature”
  • changing colorTemperature no longer causes device to turn on

-fixed status updates for the the HBS Group DTH ( there was a small error in updateStatus() ).

If you are still seeing no notifications, please update the DTHs to latest and let me know if that fixed it.

Hello,

I moved from Reconnect to your DTH and smartapp to support multiple bridges. It’s quite a job to replace everything, but I’m glad I did. Everything is working fine and huge thanks to maintain it!

LJ

1 Like

That is very odd. It appears to be unable to get the “label” of the bridge. Check to see if you accidentally deleted the bridge’s label. If that isn’t it, try commenting out line 68 ( just put // in beginning of that line) of the smartapp and see it that works.

If I change the DTH from Hue B Smart Lux Bulb to Hue B Smart Ambiance Bulb then the notification shows for on/off.

Ok. That’s helpful. I’ll take a look at the Lux DTH.

Hi,

I’m a little confused on the group and scene setup to keep everything in sync.

So how do I configure the hue app to have “global” scenes that I can apply to any group? I tried creating a group with all bulbs and adding the scenes into this. As far as I can see, in the hue app bulbs can only be in one group so it won’t work this way. And scenes can only be configured within groups so when I call a scene it can only be applied to the one group where the scene is.

Could someone explain the hue app setup that they have? Which groups are bulbs in? Which group are scenes in? Etc.

Thanks.

1 Like

I had to change the DTH for Ambiance bulbs to “Hue B Smart White Ambiance” match what the app was looking for. Then I could add Ambiance bulbs OK.