Update Required: New Sonos Integration

When I press the + icon on my classic app I get the Sonos speakers. But when i search on the new app I don’t see nothing

Hub: hub v2, UK customer

Look for this on the top right.

And then select your Hub.

Jup try that scan nearby option after I deleted my old config. No devices found :(. Only if I scan in the new app.

Let me tag @BarryA, he might can shed some lights on it why it is not working.

@medxion sent you a DM

1 Like

I have a question for anyone that has any Sonos stereo pairs.

Does the second player in your pair show up in ST and is it marked as unavailable or offline? Mine does and that just seems messy to me.

I have just migrated and also re installed my Sonos speakers today. I have two pairs of Play:1s. They show as per my Sonos app which is each pair only shows as one speaker.

1 Like

Hmmm, thank you.

I have a stereo pair. It shows as a single device in SmartThings.

I’ve also got a surround sound setup consisting of a Playbar, two Play:1 for rear channels and a Sonos sub woofer. That also shows as a single device.

Thanks all. I deleted my ‘redundant’ Sonos in ST and so far it has stayed deleted.

I have mostly older Sonos devices (1s, 5s, playbar). This new Sonos connector is creating a nightmare with all of my previously-bulletproof pistons. Issues:

1. No more TTS. Work-around using stored audio clips hosted on my own domain.
  2. Repeats several times without reason. Does this in webcore, sharptools, and ST automations. Examples: my light will turn on, and the speaker will announce it, and 10 seconds later announce again, then 3 seconds later announce again.
  3. Will not resume play. If I’m working in my office while listening to music, and an alert plays, the music never resumes.

This is painful.

3 Likes

Need some help adding Sonos,

"

1. From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
  2. Select Sonos (dont have)
  3. Choose the Hub and Room for the device
  4. While the Hub searches, power on the speaker

By device type > speaker > only have Bose
By Brand > Sonos > nope!
"

Hub V2 (euro), 3 play1

What is your Samsung Account’s country set to?

That is a very good question…

I believe it´s UK ou USA.

Where can i confirme it?

graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

Locate its - en

You can check it in your Accounts on an Android phone, if you go to the Samsung Account details. It is listed there.

Its Portugal

That’s might be the reason.

I am tagging @BarryA, as I believe you are not the first who runs into this problem.

The previous integration was available without country limitation. Now that ST is retiring the old integration it would make sense to make the integration available for all countries as well.

Hi all, I’m very confused here, hoping someone can tell me what I need to do… I’m currently using the LAN Sonos Player DTH - everything is working fine.

Do I need to update the DTH to the websocket version now? And, if so, will my TTS WebCore variables continue to work? I have a number of automations where the text will change depending what info is captured within the variable from various sources. I take it this will still be possible via WebCores’s ‘Speak text’ command?

*EDIT - just switched to the websocket DTH and both my Sonos devices went offline in both apps until I switched back to the Lan player. So I’m guessing that you have to completely remove the speakers and start from scratch?

Many thanks for your help.

You are going to lose your WebCORE TTS. The work-around is to host an MP3 and use it. Also, “Resume” and “Restore” will no longer function - so if you use an alert and then expect Sonos music to resume, think again. The new app stuff was easy for me, this Sonos integration change has been my personal nightmare.